Time to start queuing UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c14nhl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

What time is everyone thinking of beginning to queue? I'm thinking of 3am, am are far off?

2. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

lol, really? I think if you start queuing tomorrow you might just get one.

3. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That will depend on a couple of things:

• Are you determined to go to a particular store? Apple? One of the networks? Carphone Warehouse? If you're only willing to buy from one network (e.g. Orange) then that limits your choices
    • How many stores are there wherever you're planning to queue? The more places there are, the more places there will be for other people to queue. Some of them will be more upfront about how much stock they're expecting to get. If there are multiple stores of the same brand nearby, often only one of them will have the new iPhone.
    • Does it matter how long it takes for you to actually get the phone? If you have to be at work at 09:00 and the store opens at 08:00, then you'll want to be near the front, even if the store has plenty of stock to go around

When I queued for the iPhone 4 at the O2 Store in Bristol, I was not the first in the queue at about 23:30 the day before!

They had plenty of stock though

5. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Day off work so not bothered about being first.

I also queued for the 4 outside an O2 shop here in Edinburgh. Got to the queue around 5am, was roughy 8th in line.

It's a guessing game!