TimeCapsule 3TB out of stock in entire California

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jsx1982, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jsx1982 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an update coming to TimeCapsules in the next short while. I haven't been able to find it in stock in almost any store in California. Says they will be back in stock April 5th. Online there is a 2-3 week delivery estimate for the 3TB version.

Is this just lag due to the "New iPad" or could there be an update on the way?

Best regards
    Jesper

2. Bawsh macrumors newbie

I thought it was because of the floods in Thailand that created a huge hard drive shortage.

3. dot.ducky macrumors newbie

did we find out if the previous post was the reason? On the store, shipping says 1-2 weeks for the 2tb model... I JUST bought one and hope a refresh comes within the month so I can return and upgrade.

4. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

There's starting to be whispers of 802.11ac support, but probably not until late summer at the earliest. Broadcom just started shipping the needed chipsets to partners.

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I expect it is due to a lack of HDDs.

The web is pretty good at ferreting out new Apple products so if a new TC was in the near future, chances are good we'd have heard about it since Apple does have to submit it to the FCC (and that is when the leaks happen).