TimeMachine and iTunes ... I'm doing a clean install of Snow Leopard later ...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by OceanFrog, Jul 1, 2010.

1. OceanFrog macrumors regular

I'm upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard later this evening using the clean install option. I'm using a 2009 13" MBP.

I have everything backed up to TimeMachine, but I just wanted to check that my entire iTunes library will be able to be recovered back into iTunes from TimeMachine after I complete the clean install of Snow Leopard.

Also, is a time machine backup enough or should I be paranoid and back up everything to another external disk?

Any other tips would also be appreciated ... I'm doing this clean install as a newbie and not 100% confident!!!

2. dukefan71 macrumors newbie

I use TM and I am sure that would be all you need; however I came from a Windows environment and don't believe you can ever have too many backups. If it were me, I would copy the content to and external as well. A little extra time is worth the piece of mind IMHO.

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

i agree 100% I had a time machine and a super duper backup and both screwed up when I needed to restore. Luckily I was able to retrieve a month old super duper backup to get most of my data.

I suggest another hard drive backup or at the very least DVD's archived with your most important things such as music, photos, movies, docs and bookmarks....

What is your TM backup stored on? If it is a Time Capsule I would definitely have a second- but with anything better to be safe than sorry if you have your life on your computer like I do.

(it is always a good idea to have a second backup off site in case of fire or theft- if they steal your computer they will likely take your hard drive too.

Good luck!