Timing of Larger Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EW800, Sep 12, 2013.

1. EW800 macrumors 6502

From all that I have read, I believe odds are pretty good that Apple will release a larger screen phone at some point. Given the heat Appple has taken the last few days from some and the hit to the stock, do you think Apple will wait another whole year to do the next release (whether it is larger screen or not) or will they perhaps try to start speeding things up?

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

3. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

Back in the day apple didn't really cave to pressure. I believe their process was like they say it is. Make the best phone they can and release it hoping people will dig it.

But now with the 4inch screen, ios7 being a huge departure from what Steve jobs would've done and the iPad mini, I think the company is slowing changing to react better to what the market wants. I think they're approaching this slowly and it started with the iPhone 5's screen increase. Now that we are on the s version, gotta keep it the same. But, and I'm pulling this prediction out of my ass, the iPhone 6 will be similar in overall design to the iPhone 5 but with a larger screen. If I had to guess, it would be 4.5 to not scare their base too much with the idea of iPhone going into phablet territory.

Come back in 12 months to see if this prediction came true.

4. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

5. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

Personally with their stock position tanking prior to the recent upturn, if I were top dog at Apple I'd have delayed a couple of months and brought out the iPhone 6 with a 4.7" screen or thereabouts and 32GB/64GB/128GB options.

I'd have had it out ready for the holidays at the same price points as the 5 was offered.

6. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

7. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Apple won't release another phone for 12+ months. They like sticking with a cycle on the iPhone & while it is possible they could release something mid-cycle, it is highly doubtful.

I would say that in sticking with their trends, the next phone will be the iPhone 6, it will be redesigned entirely, and that is your next best chance at a bigger screen.

8. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

If Apple really wanted to kill the competition they could release a 5" sized screen in a 6 month time frame. This would then compete with the next wave of android super phones and steal sales right out from under them. I could see it now

iPhone 5c
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 5xl

9. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Do you folks not think that Apple will produce a "top of the line" phone in both a new larger size and the now standard 4" size?

Would they not alienate a large portion of their existing install base if they did not produce a new 4" phone? And I don't mean sticking the 5S into a plastic case.

I mean they should have two real top of the line phones in two different screen sizes.