Tips for dealing with ATT...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maddog91, Oct 31, 2011.

1. maddog91, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

maddog91 macrumors regular

So I left tmobile to join ATT for the iPhone..Here are the things I have learned from this company.

1-ALWAYS get everything in writing from them..Period (example below). ATT will say they do something,but 3 months later something else happens. Writing can't be faked or forged.It can,but if you go to that extent you will get caught. Hopefully

2-NO MATTER what,they CAN do what they say they CANT here is the trick,
    BE PERSISTENT.If one person says no,hang up right there,don't even say bye and try again. I got my online order cancelled this way. The lady even told me "idk how people get them cancelled because we can't do it"...5 minutes later another lady did it...This is in MOST cases,don't expect free accounts. But the moral stands. They are trained to lie. IF YOU KNOW they are lying tell them to stop being dicks and lying. Call them out on their lies,give them proof, hell you can lie to. If not, hang up and try again.

3-be somewhat polite when you first initiate the conversation. but get stern as the progress starts going down. "Can I please X"."Listen your lying to my face because my best friend did it,obviously your no use and just feel like being a liar. Whats my cancelation fee and whats the number for that department"..That will usually work.

4-be realistic about your request. I got 2 iPhones for 200-300 (16/32)..They mest up on my order and sent me the cancelled order as well,I called and got them to let me keep the wrong order for the price of a new upgrade and then went ahead and got them to send me the email saying the agreement and that i will not be charged full price for the phone.. This is something they CAN afford. But don't call expecting a free phone/line 5000 minutes and 100 off your moms plan...They can give you minutes,discounts and accessories. Thats about it.

4-Demmand to talk to a supervisor if you feel that you are being robbed good service. ATT is known for horrible service and they will keep it going unless WE the people call them out on it. This usually sparks more interest in getting you off the phone so more interest in your request. And again, saying you will leave,will spark the most interest.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Your a very wise man maddog :)

Great tips and will def help a newbie thanks for writing them.

3. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

No problem. Just something I'm learning as i switched over.. Im planning on calling them before my bill cycle ends and getting a few bucks knocked off my account. I still think the price for service is abssurd. And thats with a 28% corporate discount!

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Yeah I agree the price is pretty absurd! :(

Jesus, European customers can get an iPhone with some insane low priced plans. Something crazy like 300 min, unlimited data, unlimited texts for like $10 - 15 :eek:

Still great tips though, regardless of provider, and should probably be stickied for newbies.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not that bad once you're on a family plan and split the bill with a few more people. Individual plans are up there. And the discount helps too.
    If you look at Verizon prices they're even worst:)

6. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

family plans are awesome but its getting the family lol.

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I am having no luck with AT&T customer service. My eligibility is in the middle of december and I am having home button issues on my iphone4 and they continue to say that they can't push up my upgrade. The last time I tried to escalate it the CSR had a "manager" call me back and then the "manager" was rude and literally hung up on me.

The odd thing is I keep hearing "We can upgrade you to any phone at a full discount except the iPhone" :mad:

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

If you have no charm then I guess you have to do what you have to do.;)

9. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

wow, you da man, you are so tough on them, wow:rolleyes:

10. maladjusted macrumors newbie

i'm thinking of moving from T-Mo too...

so other than the customer service experience, how do you like the Iphone, the phone experience, the difference from being on T-Mo, etc.? Was it worth it?

thanks.

11. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

everything is perfect,but i think my bill is to high due to them not adding the copy discount i have. So i will have to go call and see what they say. Never had issues so far in south florida. Loving it,but its when i get an issue that i will see the true colors..im going to call before the cycle ends and figure out my pricing.

12. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

Just a heads up. I got my first months bill down to 55 bucks from 130...

Thats more than half..Like i said,there are a lot of things the company can do to keep you happy. I think i can get them to lower my price for a few months at the end of this month.