Tips on keeping the performance and speed of my MacBook Pro the same for years?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dolomite360, Nov 19, 2009.

1. dolomite360 macrumors member

**I REALLY NEED TIPS FOR THIS, JUST STUFF I CAN DO REGULARLY TO HELP WITH THE PERFORMANCE AND SPEED? THANKS!** Now I really want to make sure my Macbook Pro (15" 2.53 GHz) will always be fast and consistent and not slow down like PC computers. With PCs, you get them and they are great for the first while you have them and they just get super slow after a while. I really want to keep my MacBook Pro fast and safe and clean. Any tips on this? I plan on using it for at least 4 more years. But any tips you have to keep it fast, running well, and just stuff I should do regularly or monthly or a few times a year, and all that so in 3 years it won't slow down on me and stay fast like I just got it? I pretty much have all the programs the Mac comes with, just with 3 or 4 additional ones I downloaded from their site so they shouldnt take my macbook pro longer to load like photoshop or logic studio was on there or something . So, your tips?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Just do a clean install every year? As long as you don't download or install anything problematic you will be fine...