Tired of Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dsnort, Aug 27, 2007.

1. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Not meaning to seem insensitive, but am I the only one who is sick and tired of the endless prattle about Michael Vick's plea deal? So another sports superstar turns out to be a scumbag, big deal. Shut up and lets watch the game!!!

2. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

YES. enough of the loser, as my vick hating friend would say.

but it's sorta a big deal since this is a big nfl star going to federal prison, for federal crimes, and possibly facing a permanent ban from the nfl. this is like the pete rose story of the 80's.

3. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I'm tired of the same story with a big sports star screwing up, can't they stay out of the spotlight for 5 minutes?
    Vick broke the law, he should be treated like any other criminal, that's it.

4. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

He's a complete loser. And really, why does he gamble when he had a 130m contract. There are a much more humane ways of gambling.

Anyways I think we all know how bad of a person he is. I expect he'll be going straight to hell, which is fine with me.

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

Yes.

When I heard him mention Jesus on the news earlier, it was just too much for me to handle. I nearly choked on my General Tso's chicken.

A perfectly trite beginning to his rebirth. I wish him all the best. :rolleyes:

6. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

yes i am very tired of it too. im tired of turning on my tv and the first thing i hear is "MICHAEL VICK THIS....MICHAEL VICK THAT" im tired of it. who cares? lets get some real news in the world.

7. Queso macrumors G4

That made me laugh. The perfect way to get his sentence reduced. The worrying thing is it's likely to work. :p

8. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

I'm not tired of it yet. Although I am sick of hearing about Vick, the issue of dog fighting is a big problem, wide spread and I hope the continued coverage will keep public pressure up.

9. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I can't figure out why he was even offered a plea deal, especially if elevating the public consciousness on the subject is one of the goals. Seemed like they had him dead to rights on the evidence. Plead the associates and then nail the head perp.

This will hurt him short term, but in our warped society he'll perform some time, do his mea culpas and then make more money doing Beneful commercials when alls said and done.

10. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Don't forget he said he was sorry. In case anyone forgot their lessons from when they were a small child, saying you're sorry makes everything OK even if you don't mean it.

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I used to be a pro sport junkie - I mean for years. I stopped short of the painted fan, naked to the waste, in sub-zero weather. But, I could usually tell you the starting line-up of most teams.

Then one day, Charles Barkley (basketball star) spit on a young girl watching the game. I began to realize that many of these 'stars' did not deserve a micron of my admiration, or respect. The viel was lifted and I saw them for what they really were; a collection of semi-illiterate, spoiled, pampered miscreants. They made millions of dollars and spent it like whores. Then they cried like five-year-olds because the world did not understand them and was so unfair. Within two years I had quit watching basketball and have not seen a game since. Soon I had lost interest in football and baseball. I suppose what I really lost interest in, was the business of professional sports and the people involved in it. Vick is just another irresponsible kid. I would be suspicious of the 'found jesus' sincerity, if I was forced to think about this in a public safety capacity. Thankfully, I am not.

I know a quick way to stop this. Throw the guilty into the pit with someone else's dogs, and put it on YouTube.

12. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Did you hear about DMX's dogs.

I wonder if him and vick are friends? Or dog fighting opponents.

Honestly who has a dozen dogs first of all, other than a maybe a dog breeder? Second who has a dozen pit bulls? Third who has a dozen dogs and doesn't spend any time with them (I heard that he said he had someone taking care of them for the past 2 months or something). Seriously dogs are PETS, not things to keep locked up and never spend time with.

It all sounds a little fishy to me.

I wonder what PETA has to say about this. I believe in some their causes, mostly humaneness to animals that will be killed for something, but I strongly believe much of their information is propagated. PETA however did announce that the Pit Bull breed should be banned.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He's rich and famous.