Tired of plain old Black and White iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I wish Apple would get more creative with the color of their phones, at least some of the colors of the iPod Nano would be cool, like Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow, Red etc.

Anyone else tired of the boring old Black and White? I have had a

White 16GB 3G
    White 32GB 3GS
    Black iPhone 4 32GB - lack of options on 4 release day :rolleyes:
    White iPhone 4S 32GB

Cases just do not do it as if they were actually colored phones...

What's your color of choice?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I would get black regardless of the colors offered

3. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

With the 4/4S it's largely a moot point as a case is pretty much required since they are so delicate.

4. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Skin right here, baby. Sportin the skins since 2010 and earlier (on other devices).. :cool:

-C

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I did not use a case on my 4 and I don't use a case on my 4s

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

While I can understand why Apple does this, it would be nice to have official backplates that we could buy from Apple (maybe required to be installed by a "genius"). Things do get a little bland, though there are a plethora of cases to choose from. I guess since I go with a case anyway, it hasn't been much of an concern for me.

7. Sunsean macrumors 6502

I'm not a big case person myself, but I am a huge fan of skins. So far, I have used best skins ever and love them, totally naked look and feel, but with some solid protection. Thinking about getting either a wood or leather skin for the back of the phone...with the skins, you really can get any look/color/design you want on your iPhone, it just won't be 'official.' And if a skin is too wishy washy for you, if you're willing to spend the coin, you can have the phone itself totally altered: http://www.color-my-i.com/ecwid#ecwid:category=2792605&mode=product&product=9492999

And speaking of whether or not it's moot on a 4/4s due to the high need of protection...with all these "I hope the iPhone 5..." threads going on - you know what one of the main features I hope they tend to is? A less breakable design lol. Now I L-O-V-E my 4s and its aesthetically perfect, but I'm a big fan of not bulking up my phone with a case, and I would cherish the added peace of mind of a more durable shell.

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Remember when there was a rumor about the White iPhones? And how the color was cracking. Maybe that's why they don't have color iPhones? Plus it could be a cost thing. You can have yours colored.

http://www.colorware.com/

9. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

There are ALL kinds of colors & designs for iPhone cases ... has to be something you would really like. They don't have to be an Otterbox that totally enlarges and encases the iPhone. Some are quite minimal and add a nice touch. Depends on your situation as to how much protection you need. I got a bunch off Amazon for extremely reasonable prices (compared to list) for variety. Any color/style gets boring after a while.

10. Thraun macrumors regular

Thraun

As an employee of an Apple reseller, I can sure tell you that from my point of view more colours means way too many options and being forced to carry way too much stock. Currently the 4 and 4S are both available, each in 3 different sizes. Can you imagine if suddenly they came in 7 more colours? Now you suddenly have literally *54* different possible models of the iPhone. Sounds like a huge hassle.

Also in my own humble opinion, disliking a phone because it only comes in black or white is just about the silliest reason to avoid a product.

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you get bored with the 2 colors, then you can always do a color swap. In doing so will void warranty but if you have a professional do it then I wouldn't worry about messing it up in the process.

13. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I bought white because colored bumpers discolor and I enjoy contrasting colors. Both colors are classy, too.

14. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

15. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

My sentiment as well.

16. Sunsean macrumors 6502

I'm also a 100% black iPhone user...actually hunted around for a while on CL before finding a good deal on a black one, because for some reason there were way more white ones being sold...but for some reason, I just had to have black. I think it's because, honestly, it goes better with my iMac's aesthetics...maybe if I had one of the old white macbooks, I'd get a white one, but I like uniformity in this little apple universe, and I think it's kinda off that apple makes the white iPhone but no longer makes any white computers...maybe a weird sentiment, but I like how the black matches the silver/black of my iMac.

17. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Have always wanted a white iphone. I was stoked when white was announced. Love the white iphone and wouldn't trade it for any other color.

18. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Then use Colorware as suggested above. If Colorware's too pricey then use a skin.

It's a matter of preference. Some use cases. Some do not. Don't assume that your preference is universal no matter what the topic.

19. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I don't think the current industrial design lends itself well to colors. The new (leaked) anodized aluminum will lend itself to some great colors. Maybe this is something Apple is going to dazzle us with.

[​IMG]

20. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

What is everyone using for getting skins? Skinit.com?

21. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I agree. I would get it in that yellow color if they offered those nano choice colors.

22. glitternarwhal macrumors member

glitternarwhal

I sported skin on my iPhone 4...Now it's dead. I still sport skin on my new phone, though. I haven't learned my lesson, obviously. Lol

23. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

While I'd likely always choose black even if other colors were offered, Apple has clearly not been opposed to myriad color choices within a product line. Witness the Nano or the older iMac desktop units.

But somehow, I think color iPhones are not in the immediate future. Something about the reign of Ives makes me think basic black and white are all you'll see for some time.

24. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

You know when a phone is the best?

When people ask for it to come in different colors.