Tired of stalking the stores and the Apple site

Maggiep67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
So, I have decided that I will not be able to find a Plus anywhere locally (No CA).

I have decided to order from Apple directly. Anyone else doing this?

I think as other countries come online, demand will increase. Also, I see people who have early to mid and late October dates are getting their shipping notifications.

Hope I am doing the right thing.

Thanks for letting me vent.

antman2x2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
New YAWK
While this isn't 6+ related, i placed an order for a 6 on monday and received my tracking information today, through the apple site.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
While this isn't 6+ related, i placed an order for a 6 on monday and received my tracking information today, through the apple site.
This past Monday, the 22nd? WTF. I ordered a 64GB Space Gray iPhone 6 on 9/16 and I'm still only in "Preparing for Shipment".

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
So, I have decided that I will not be able to find a Plus anywhere locally (No CA).

I think as other countries come online, demand will increase. Also, I see people who have early to mid and late October dates are getting their shipping notifications.

Hope I am doing the right thing.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Good news. I ordered the phone late in the day 9/19. and they gave me 3-4 weeks delivery time oct 13-20th.
Well just found out today they charged my card and changed my status from processing order to preparing for shipment (3 weeks prior to delivery!)

So it looks like the 3-4 weeks is just insurance, and they are shipping earlier than that.

apple order -6plus 128gb space gray for at&t

antman2x2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
New YAWK
Good news. I ordered the phone late in the day 9/19. and they gave me 3-4 weeks delivery time oct 13-20th.
Well just found out today they charged my card and changed my status from processing order to preparing for shipment (3 weeks prior to delivery!)

So it looks like the 3-4 weeks is just insurance, and they are shipping earlier than that.
Yes, over the years I've found this to be a common thing with apple.

Its kind of like a "just incase" date.

Maggiep67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014

That just made my day!!! :D

EcuadorianMami

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Somehwere in Los Angeles

apple order -6plus 128gb space gray for at&t
how late??! I ordered mine around noonish on the 9/19!!! Mine has not moved....they gave me a 10/20-10/27 date..i also have At&T....this is giving me hopes...I ordered 6+ gold 64g

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

I think this is a wise move. For me, there are other things I want to do rather than track down an iPhone. I'd rather just order from Apple or my carrier and wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.