Title of short film about a percussionist in Carmina Burana opera ensemble?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spinnerlys, May 10, 2009.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello.

I'm looking for the title of a short film, that was about one orchestra member (the percussionist, who only had few beats to do) of the ensemble in a Carmina Burana opera.

As the music only slowly progresses, the percussionist is bored, and some hillarity ensues (maybe?).

I thought it would have been directed by Gondry or Jonze or even Cunningham, but IMDB records don't show such entry.

Has anyone any clue of what film I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance...

2. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

Are you sure about the Carmina Burana? It is one of the most percussion driven "classical" pieces I know of. On the other hand, there are a lot of percussion jokes about Haydn's "Symphonie mit dem Paukenschlag" (No. 94, "The Surprise").

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Carmina Burana is also not an opera. If there was an opera involved it probably wasn't it, unless they took some artistic liberties and turned it into an opera.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It was composed to be performed as a sort of stage production (kind of a Wagner "lite"), but that never really stuck.

Carl Orff wrote several operas of which Carmina Burana is not one of them. Perhaps you are referring to another Orff opera, or a different work entirely?