Titles from AE to-> premiere loss of quality?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by shadowknight123, Aug 14, 2009.

1. shadowknight123 macrumors newbie

Hey, in adobe after effects i just made a simple Whtie title black background looks very crisp clean and solid!

However i bring it into premiere after rendering it out of AE and yo ucan tell there is some quality loss... and then once played on a TV there is even MORE quality lost, very jagid, not professional like..

I'm sad right now because i just made a trailer for my movie to show off to some friends tonight and i just reviewed it on my TV at home.. the way it played on the computer looked beautiful. However when it got on the TV it just looked like a cheap put together movie =/ which this film doesnt have at all. Im very stuck and i have always had difficulty making my projects coming out crisp.

i use a panasonic ag dvx 100b as well. im at such a lost of what to do right now....

2. Sunweaver macrumors newbie

Sunweaver

It's a touch hard to say without knowing what your settings are, eg:

PAL or NTSC

Widescreen or other

HD - 720 or 1080

upload the file and let's have a look.

3. djkirsten macrumors regular

Also, why render the clip at all if you're going to Premiere? You should be able to open the AE file as a clip in Premiere.

If the clip looks good in AE but bad after export it may have to do with what compression you're using. If you have to render the title through AE, make sure it's not some crappy codec (i.e. DV or sorensen 3), I'd render using a lossless codec like "Animation". It'll be big but it'll look beautiful....in SD or HD.

4. shadowknight123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well at times i notice if i have stuff linked from PR to AE stuff begins to get lost and it can be a mess so i just render it, and the quality was "very slightly" better then when it was linked too but still a lil rugid.

idk what i did but when i burned it on a DVD my friend did 16-9 first and i did a 4.3 and the 4.3 worked and the title was crisp and good looking.