Tmobile 5s online order status?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tomb01, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

OK, ordered two 5s iPhones Friday AM (about 5:39 AM PST). Unfortunately, one of them is Gold, so they were unable to ship immediately and I had to combine the orders so my Grey will not ship until they have both the Grey and Gold phones. At this point, my status is 'Being Processed', and has been that way now for over 48 hours. Just curious if anyone knows what the phases of ordering process are with Tmobile. Did the online chat thing, and they indicated that all the proper things have occurred and they should ship on Monday. I am hoping someone can confirm that the next status for Tmobile would be 'shipped' after 'Being Processed', or if someone can tell me if they had other experiences. What are the Tmobile status points, and should I believe that the phones will ship on Monday?

Thanks in advance.

2. Princejb134 macrumors member

I ordered mines on Friday at 315am EST. So far I have a 7-10 processing because of low stock. And a October 2nd delivery date. I spoke to tmobile and they said the majority of consumers who order online are expecting October delivery dates.

3. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aargh. So the online chat folks probably mislead me. Very annoying, but I guess to be expected. At least I kept the chat's, so I can harass them on Monday when they 'don't' ship....

Sigh.

4. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I saw my white/silver 16gb I ordered from T-Mobile at Processing, then later when I checked it was already at Shipped. Unfortunately I can't know if there were any intermediate steps because it happened within the space of a couple hours.

I had a tracking number right away, but UPS didn't recognize it until early evening. I saw it leave Louisville KY Friday night & it got to East Boston (so close yet so far!!!) by Saturday morning. Due to arrive tomorrow.

5. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Had the exact same experience. Called back to be told that I cannot cancel my order with Tmobile, while it's pending, even if I have to wait months.

Classic bait-and-switch tactic from this lipstick on a pig carrier.

6. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, the T-Mobile Facebook page elicited a very quick response, and they are 'looking into it'. Am just trying to understand if I screwed up trying to shift to T-Mobile instead of sticking with AT&T. Will post when they contact me with any info.

----------

Thanks, Boshii, saw that thread but not sure I processed that it was actually T-Mobile only (sigh). Must be getting old....

Appreciate the pointer.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

8. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered via T-Mobile. In fact, just heard back from their support team, and they indicate that (in general) iPhones ordered before 2pm on Friday should ship out relatively quickly and my phones will likely ship on Monday. While there is a backorder on golden iPhones, that 2pm timeframe was when they start seeing it happen, and earlier orders look like they are going through (according to their information).

9. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

It is best not to order from T-mobile. It is much simpler and better ordering the same phone from Apple.com. T-mobile reps have no clue and give often wrong information. The phone too will be locked when you buy from T-mobile, even if you pay full price and will need to wait 30-60 days to get it unlocked. Paying full price on the Apple web site gives an unlocked phone compatible with T-mobile's network and a free SIM card too.

10. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, starting to regret it. Sadly at this point it is unlikely I can get a phone sooner than the T-Mobile folks can deliver it (hopefully). The grey phone may not be a problem, but the Gold phone for my wife is likely only possible in the near term if I can get it via T-Mobile.

Granted that is not assured, but I am going to stay optimistic for another day or two... Then may just cancel my order through T-Mobile, do an in store pickup for the grey one and just wait for availability of the Gold phones to improve for my wifes phone.