Tmobile Customer looking to buy unlocked 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarestud940, Sep 27, 2012.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I've been a T-Mobile customer since they were VoiceStream. I currently have the HTC sensation 4G. I am sick of T-Mobile not supporting the iPhone, so I've decided to buy an unlocked iPhone 4S brand-new. The question I ask is, if I go to my local AT&T store, and buy a new iPhone 4S off contract, will it be unlocked? I remember last year, people were saying if they bought an AT&T phone off contract, it was unlocked. It's either that, or by the phone off the Apple site itself. I would like to get the iPhone five, however I do not feel like spending an extra hundred bucks for an unlocked iPhone five.

Does anybody know if the AT&T store will have them unlocked?

2. SlyMac macrumors 6502

I know you can unlock any 4s via ATT when you are out of contract, so a full price phone should be no different.

3. solo118 macrumors 65816

at&t should have it, but why buy from them. Be safe and buy from an apple store. Or if you can handle a used one, there are plenty on ebay

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

If your looking for the 4S just buy it unlocked on the Apple store online.

Select black/white and at the bottom is "Or get iPhone unlocked and contract-free."

The initial "contract free" iPhones from AT&T were locked - I don't know if they've changed the policy now that they unlock iPhones for users out of contract.

5. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

take this FWIW...

but you could buy a used 4S, and then unlock it by paying a small fee for like the gevey unlock or on ebay or something I think?