Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Any opinions??? Call volume and clarity??
Depends on coverage -- same as it always has been. Polling random people in different locations isn't going to be relevant to you. You need to discuss this with those in your area.

Worst case, sign up try them out and decide before your trial period runs out and you're subject to ETF.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Any opinions??? Call volume and clarity??

I have had the BEST call experience ever on my iphone 5 with tmobile. I dont think its the phone as much as it is tmobiles new HD voice. It is a very noticeable improvement over before. Of course, it also depends on who you are calling as they have to have a HD voice capable headset too but I've been very happy with it so far.

Traderalways

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Depends on coverage -- same as it always has been. Polling random people in different locations isn't going to be relevant to you. You need to discuss this with those in your area.

Worst case, sign up try them out and decide before your trial period runs out and you're subject to ETF.

Maybe.. maybe not...I have iPhone 5 on Verizon in manhattan and the call quality isn't great with full 5 bars service wherever I go.... My wife and brothers are also the same...

----------

Anyone in manhattan, NYC, westchester, Nassau, or Suffolk county have an opinion?? Thanks in advance.

----------

My 4s was always crystal clear all over new York city and the outer counties

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Nothing's changed. If one is interested in the best call quality it's essential to identify the best carrier in your area.

In a forum like this it's likely you'll only get opinions from those who don't understand how cellular networks operate. They'll bash what they don't like usually because Apple set them up for failure from the first iPhone.

It was a very poor choice for Apple to lock in AT&T knowing they can't possibly be the best in every city in the USA. Conversely AT&T knew that but wanted the iPhone so they took a bashing in their weak areas. Soon everyone was bashing AT&T just because of pack mentality & desire to be in the crowd.

In my area AT&T is so good no one complains. But then again it's a university town with smart fair students & adults who act that way. They have a balanced life with no need to hate.

Traderalways

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Nothing's changed. If one is interested in the best call quality it's essential to identify the best carrier in your area.

In a forum like this it's likely you'll only get opinions from those who don't understand how cellular networks operate. They'll bash what they don't like usually because Apple set them up for failure from the first iPhone.

It was a very poor choice for Apple to lock in AT&T knowing they can't possibly be the best in every city in the USA. Conversely AT&T knew that but wanted the iPhone so they took a bashing in their weak areas. Soon everyone was bashing AT&T just because of pack mentality & desire to be in the crowd.

In my area WAT&T is so good no one complains. But then again it's a university town with smart fair students & adults who act that way. They have a balanced life with no need to hate.
lol... I graduated USC.... That's all I'm going to say.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Maybe.. maybe not...I have iPhone 5 on Verizon in manhattan and the call quality isn't great with full 5 bars service wherever I go.... My wife and brothers are also the same...

----------

Anyone in manhattan, NYC, westchester, Nassau, or Suffolk county have an opinion?? Thanks in advance.

----------

My 4s was always crystal clear all over new York city and the outer counties

I created a thread asking NYC residents about call quality from all companies and it varied but check it out and watch and wait. No one yet to answer for Manhattan with Tmobile but I'm hearing good things.

brycemason

macrumors member
May 18, 2011
Wife and I just got iPhone 5s using tmobile. We've used Tmo for 6 years. First time she called me we literally stopped the conversation and exclaimed that it was the clearest, most lifelike voice we've ever heard on a phone. The new hd voice is not a gimmick.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I also just experienced HD Voice... It blew my mind...

I called a friend (he has an iPhone 5, T-Mobile) using my ancient Nokia C7 Astound (it has HD Voice) and I could hear him clearly!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.