Tmobile iphone 5 sounds terrible on Speaker Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean76, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

Well made the jump to Tmobile the other day and the phone itself is perfect as far as build quality goes...

However when I make a call and put the phone on speaker phone it sounds terrible, almost like a rattle from within the phone that is making the person on the other end sound a little distorted.

But this problem only happens while on a call, with music or watching a video with the volume at the highest I dont have this problem.

This stinks because everything else about the phone is perfect!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

looks like it's carrier related and not phone related as music/sound from a video isn't distorted. do you happen to be on edge? i'm not sure if it makes a difference in terms of voice quality but if internet speeds are much faster, i would assume the voice quality between edge and 3g/4g would be a big difference

3. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Have you thought of getting your iphone replaced by apple or t mobile. I also think your title to your thread is a bit mis leading. It suggests all t mobile iPhones are having this issue. Whereas it seems to be an isolated case with your particular iphone.

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I'd take it to the apple store and exchange it for a new one, but before you leave make sure you call someone and see if it still has that rattling noise.

5. coolio93 macrumors 6502

If it is happening on speakerphone ONLY, then it sounds like an issue with the phone. Get it replaced with T-Mobile or Apple store.

6. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

My speakerphone is perfect on my tmobile iphone, you might want to take it to the apple store