Tmobile pricing? help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBillups1, Apr 22, 2013.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

I have a chance to buy one direct from a mac retailer online for $580 shipped.

but id rather buy it in store from tmobile so i can get the applecare plus

i already have a contract with tmobile, will the phone cost $580+tax or what? im confused because i seen someone else had a problem buying the phone and was forced to pay $650...

2. beeinformed macrumors 6502

I don't know what what kind of plan (i.e. grandfathered, classic, value) you have but I think you should be able to buy the phone for $580 plus taxes, although I'm not 100 % sure about that.

BTW, have you spoken to someone in T-Mobile's customer care department and/or retentions department about the cost of the phone? They should be able to give you a more definitive answer.

3. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

T-Mobile does not have contracts now. If you are on the classic plan with discounted phones, you will need to go to Beatbuy or other third parties. If you were on Value plan, you can change over to the new simple choice plan. My monthly premium for. 4 lime family has gone down from $180 to $140. If you have a legacy plan and ot in contract you can migrate to the newer plan with no migration fee.

4. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

I bought mine from T-Mobile for $580+tax. I was on a classic plan so I had to switch to one of the new ones, but it ended up saving me $10/mo anyway.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

I inquired about this with T-Mobile. I was told, you can either finance it, $99 plus $20 a month for 23 months or pay the $580 upfront. I believe the financing part was an incentive to stick with them for 2 years. You have the option of paying off the phone whenever you'd like.

6. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

Im on a family plan and my line is BTV (bridge to value)

7. beeinformed macrumors 6502

I think you should be able to pay $580.00 for the phone from T-Mobile.