Tmobile USA Refarm May Be Continuing Through 2013? X_X

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Called up a local Tmobile store about the refarm today. Apparently I was told the refarm may continue through 2013 and it may take till the end of 2013 before all of the AWS spectrum is refarmed to be compatible with the iphone.

This is major news to me as I was really counting on upgrading to the iPhone 5. Anyone still holding out on tmobile? Got the iPhone 5 and stuck a tmobile nano sim in? I am on the edge on whether I should just jump over to Verizon and pay the extra mobile share costs... thoughts?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
They just turned it on 4 days ago near my area.
If you live in a good size city chances are it will happen sooner.
Up to you if you want to wait or not. Consider you options, savings, and if you want to fork over the additional money for verizon. If its not that much of a difference and verizon has LTE in your area it will be a huge improvement.
If you're stuck on verizons CDMA 3G speeds forget it, not worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
All current press releases from T-Mobile themselves still say it will be complete by the end of this year with LTE to be rolled out in 2013. There hasn't been any word from the top saying it will take until 2013 just to finish the refarm.

Don't ever take anything told to you by reps at a local store or over the phone as fact unless there has been an official release from T-Mobile Corporate.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
Called up a local Tmobile store about the refarm today. Apparently I was told the refarm may continue through 2013 and it may take till the end of 2013 before all of the AWS spectrum is refarmed to be compatible with the iphone.

This is major news to me as I was really counting on upgrading to the iPhone 5. Anyone still holding out on tmobile? Got the iPhone 5 and stuck a tmobile nano sim in? I am on the edge on whether I should just jump over to Verizon and pay the extra mobile share costs... thoughts?
Is this really surprising? Refarming your entire network is a huge undertaking.

Think about how slow the LTE roll out, even for AT&T, has been. It even has taken Verizon almost 2 years to reach 400+ markets on LTE.

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Is this really surprising? Refarming your entire network is a huge undertaking.

Think about how slow the LTE roll out, even for AT&T, has been. It even has taken Verizon almost 2 years to reach 400+ markets on LTE.
agreed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.