Tmobile USA Refarm May Be Continuing Through 2013? X_X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Called up a local Tmobile store about the refarm today. Apparently I was told the refarm may continue through 2013 and it may take till the end of 2013 before all of the AWS spectrum is refarmed to be compatible with the iphone.

This is major news to me as I was really counting on upgrading to the iPhone 5. Anyone still holding out on tmobile? Got the iPhone 5 and stuck a tmobile nano sim in? I am on the edge on whether I should just jump over to Verizon and pay the extra mobile share costs... thoughts?

2. Applejuiced, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They just turned it on 4 days ago near my area.
    If you live in a good size city chances are it will happen sooner.
    Up to you if you want to wait or not. Consider you options, savings, and if you want to fork over the additional money for verizon. If its not that much of a difference and verizon has LTE in your area it will be a huge improvement.
    If you're stuck on verizons CDMA 3G speeds forget it, not worth it IMO.

3. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

All current press releases from T-Mobile themselves still say it will be complete by the end of this year with LTE to be rolled out in 2013. There hasn't been any word from the top saying it will take until 2013 just to finish the refarm.

Don't ever take anything told to you by reps at a local store or over the phone as fact unless there has been an official release from T-Mobile Corporate.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Is this really surprising? Refarming your entire network is a huge undertaking.

Think about how slow the LTE roll out, even for AT&T, has been. It even has taken Verizon almost 2 years to reach 400+ markets on LTE.

5. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

agreed