To add a new Outlook(.)com account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRetired, Jul 31, 2012.

1. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Of course iOS5.1.1 does not have the new outlook(.)com easy setup so here's how I added my new account. Simply go to Settings>Mail,Contacts>Add Account... and tap the Microsoft Hotmail icon. All you have to do is type in your new name@outlook(.)com, your password, and replace Description with Outlook or whatever you prefer.

No POP or IMAP setting info required.

Thought I'd give something back to this community.

2. Demonface macrumors 6502a

3. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Out of curiosity, why censor the .com and write (.)com instead?

4. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Loving the new outlook email. Microsoft did a great job. Probably going to switch over from gmail. Looks like the hotmail setup is based on exchange as the outlook account pushes instantaneously. .

5. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

If you've setup the Hotmail Exchange sync settings simply change your credentials from your Hotmail address to your Outlook address. The same server settings work and you'll have full exchange sync.

6. tbarney macrumors member

I'm using MS Office Outlook client on my iMac. Anyone have the detail needed to properly configure my outlook client to work with my outlook.com account?

Thanks.

7. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I hope that Microsoft provides support for it. They haven't for hotmail unless you want to just use POP.

8. tbarney macrumors member

I couldn't find any detail on the support page about even setting it up as POP.

9. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

10. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

New to Hotmail/Outlook.com

Hey Gang,

Couple of questions:

A. Is outlook.com, when configured through the iPhone's Hotmail wizard, truly exchange sync/push? I'm addicted to my Gmail/Exchange configuration - love me some push email.

B. Been a Gmail user forever - how does MS compare as to reliability of mail delivery, service uptime, etc.?

Thanks much.