To All Case-less iPhone Users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by walpear8, Dec 12, 2011.

1. walpear8 macrumors newbie

: When using your iPhone with no case, does your camera ever get scratched? That's the only concern I have when using my iPhone without a case,

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If the front and back gets scratched it will sooner of later get the camera behind.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Having never used a case in 4 years of iPhones, I'd go with "no," but YMMV.

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

5. Jonk1183 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My 4 got scratched but it didnt affect any pictures that i took.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I keep phone in a slip case, but use it naked. The phone is pristine - no scratches, dings, nothing.:D

7. JohnnyIron macrumors newbie

My first iPhone 4 camera lens got scratched from not having a case. The front facing camera never had a problem, but the back side camera got a bunch of small scratches to the point that the pictures all looked fuzzy.

Apple care covered it, and sent me a new phone, and I don't go without at least a bumper so the camera can't touch the surface you set it down on.

It sure seemed like that lens was not made of glass the way it got scratched.

IMO it should have a deeper bezel to protect the lens.

8. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

No scratches anywhere except the antenna. Speaking of which, I get dropped calls out the ass with the iPhone 4's antenna without a case. So I need one on all the time.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've been case-less since 2007 and never had a scratch on my camera lens. My phone is always in my pocket or if I put down, it's usually set there and won't be moving for a good while (if it's on a hard surface). However, if I do go out and I take my phone out of my pocket and I place it on a table or somewhere where it may get scratch unnecessarily, i put it on my top of my wallet. I never sit with my wallet in my pocket (front/back) and sometimes I prefer holding my wallet & phone in my hand.

10. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

I have them on both my iPhone 4 and 4S.

My 4 has almost always been in the case. When I finally took it out of the case I noticed it had some scratches on the lens.

My 4S has a single tiny one already but that's been naked.

Neither have any issues w/ fuzzy pics, etc, but if you do everyone I've seen has gotten Apple to simply replace it as "normal wear and tear" unless your entire phone is scratched.

11. nouveau macrumors member

Mine has, mostly due to the fact that I slide my iPhone across tables

12. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

no case for my ip4s yet but will get one next month

13. takeshi74 macrumors 601

As with every other thread like this: if you're worried about scratches then take whatever precautionary measures you're willing to deal with. Never assume that anyone's experience with scratches will be identical to your own. Just because someone else did or didn't scratch their camera lens means nothing regarding whether or not you will.

Can you clarify this statement? How did the way it got scratched make it seem that the lens was not glass?