To all iPhone 5 owners who went for black - would you do it again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sermon, Oct 27, 2012.

?

To all iPhone 5 owners who went for black - would you do it again?

1. No regrets. I'd definitely go for black again.

65 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. Wish I'd gone for white and here's why ...

9 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Sermon macrumors regular

I'm rather undecided whether to go for the black & slate or the white & silver version of iPhone 5. While I think the black version looks better than the white one, I think I'd be better off with white, mainly because of Scuffgate.

That's why I want to ask all iPhone 5 owners who went for black - are there any regrets and would you go for black again?

Thanks for your input ...

2. fenskezen macrumors regular

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

4. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Yes. Looks great. Have had no problems with the finish.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Black is the new white. On a serious note I'm happy with my black and prefer it over the white and silver combination. If the white was all white then I would have gone for that. I didn't vote as neither of those options apply to me.

6. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Have been quite pleased with the black/slate iP5. Fortunately, I received a week 37 unit in perfect condition. It has since remained scuff and scratch free.

I trust that you enjoy whatever color iP5 you finally decide upon.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

yes, naked, still in perfect condition after a month.

the only thing I dislike is the fact that it collects dust like a beast

8. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

Yup. I like my black one. My last iPhone was white. I have no scuffs or scrapes on mine.

9. maverick22 macrumors 6502

Yes, at first was going to get white. Salesman at Target had a white one and said he wishes black was available when he got his. He convinced me to get black, and I'm glad he did!

10. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

More than satisfied with black. I don't often take keys to my phone or put it in a bag of change like some youtubers seem to think people do and I have zero scratches or "scuff issues" that the device supposedly has.

11. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Same thing here.

12. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Not enough poll options. I like the black just not the scuffs and damage that it comes with.

I'm on my 3rd black 64 and it still has a couple tiny spots that I have decided to live with.:confused:

13. ProudLoz macrumors regular

I loved that black iPhone 5, and so I got it. The scuffgate issue did not stop me. It did come with a very small little ding, but nothing to cry about. Remember that if you get any iPhone, you should have a 14 day window to exchange or return for a refund. Once that window is closed, the Apple Store is an option.

Or you can do what I did, buy the AppleCare+ with the iPhone 5, and in the future before the two years are up, just replace it for $50 for a refurbished unit. I'm sure 2 years from now they should have gotten the manufacturing process perfected. :p

14. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

It's 30 days to return

15. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Zero problems with my black 5. No scuffs, scratches or dings, BUT having seen the white phone in person now, I like it better. With the chrome chamfer edges the white 5 looks sweet.

16. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

Black really is the new white. Before white was unique and stood out from the crowd. Now this black and slate is so slick it really makes the white look boring. The black and slate is corporate, business, CIA, etc. it's awesome.

17. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Had a white 4s, went for white with the 5 , HATED it, so I got a black replacement and I love it!

Black is stealthy, I wouldn't go for white again. No regrets here.

18. dr.rosenrosen macrumors newbie

Love my black iPhone 5. Nude is the only way to go, and its still in perfect condition.

19. Sermon thread starter macrumors regular

So far I have only seen the black one in person and was stunned by the beautiful black & slate finish. The white I've only seen on photos and videos so far and I'm not really liking the silver/white combination on the back.

I have a white 4s now and prefered that one over the black, but this time I might want to go for black again. Like I said before, the only thing that's holding me back is Scuffgate. I'd be annoyed if after a few months of usage the black's chamfered edge will be silver instead of black.

I am planning to buy TwelveSouth's BookBook case for the iPhone 5, by the way ...

----------

I wanted to keep the poll as basic as possible, so I'd only get clear answers without if's and but's: Regret buying the black, yes or no.

20. Brettka7 macrumors regular

Out of Apple's 2 options, I prefer the black. But I'd love a white iPhone with a black display like the 3G had.

21. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

22. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

23. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

I prefer the black, my wife the white. We don't get them mixed up. It's a double-win for me.

24. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I had the Black one at release and returned it for the White. Had to pay the restocking fee but it was worth it.

I love the white/silver combo much more than the black/slate.

It's all personal preference though.. go for what you what not what others tell you what they like? :confused:

25. OsideRida06 macrumors member

I love my black one. I do not have scratch or scuff on it yet. Hopefully, I can keep it that way for a while. :]