To all of you who work from home...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nStyle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. nStyle macrumors 6502a

Please tell us what you do and how long you have been doing it and how you got started.

I hear a lot of people on these forums say they work from home. I just am a little curious.

2. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Really?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Hardly. Someone like me doesn't even fall in a fetish category!

I work for a large company putting in more hours than I should but I get a paycheck so I try to only complain every so often.

4. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I work for a health insurance company as a trainer. My boss works in MD, I'm in Fl. She is very pro work from home. Love it & it makes work/life balance soooooo much better. I don't call out "sick" anymore or take vacation time just because. I work in shorts & a tshirt, most of the times shorts ;), & sit on my couch. & yes I train virtually, use live meeting from MS, IM for conversations, I have a webcam if I wanted to use it. It's a good gig. I've saved a lot on gas too, the office we do have in town is about 22 miles each way.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I used to work for a company that allowed people to work from home. Most of the people who could work from home were either programmers (working on remote servers anyway) or customer service (always on the phone, answering emails). My current company has working from home as an option, but only in emergencies, usually dealing with weather.

TEG

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I work from home two days a week because it's allowed by my employer. I guess you would call it utilization management. We monitor and manage medicaid for foster care children across the state. Everything is done online through a secure server and over the phone. I'm hoping that in the future I will be allowed to work from home full time. Some in the company are allowed to do this, but the standard policy is just two days per week.

7. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I am an information security officer for a large bank. I work from home 3 days a week and go in the office the other 2 days. I've been working there for 2.5 years.

They just don't really see a point for our team to take up office space when we can do our job from home. To be honest, I feel more productive while at work but at the same time, I can work additional hours at home without it seeming like a hassle.

There was a report our a while ago saying that people who worked from home can work about 20 additional hours before it feels like a burden compared to those who work 40-50 in an office.