to all the 17" penryn owners do u have the left speaker static noise & high pitched?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, May 31, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

ok so Ive had the 15" mbp for a week and a half but now im starting to think that the left speaker making that static issue is a hardware issue. I dont remember the 17" mbp making that noise and not sure if the 17" mbp had the high pitch noise using external speakers and I have a nice stereo system with b&w speakers and the 15" mbp making the high pitch noise in the background is starting to bug me.

My question is does the 17" mbp make that sizzling weird noise on either of the speakers after any sound has played and does the 17" mbp also have that high pitch problem via headphone jack as well.

I have a micro usb sound card by turtle beach but it seems to be too loud even with using it with 1 notch i sound seems to be equivalent or even louder than headphone jack at full sound!

If the 17" mbp dont have any of these problems I will go yet another time for an exchange as I use 50% music with my mbp via my b&w speakers/stereo system.

2. RSC10 macrumors member

RSC10

I have no static, buzzing or high pitch noises on my 17" 2.6 Penryn. Headphones do have a little fuzzy electronic noises at times (using Shure SE 530's).

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No static noise or high pitched sounds either.

Static on Shure E500 as well, but none on Sennheiser HD555.

4. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I think Im going to make one more trip to the apple store. I think a brand new mbp with the sizzling noise from the either speaker is not a good sign and sure to be either recalled later or just one of the known defects that the 15" mbp will be known with until a new revision is done.

I've also remember checking all the 15" mbp on demo at the appple store making that sizzling noise on the left speaker when the MagSafe is plugged in. So I thought that it was normal but now I can't even enjoy music on my $2.5k notebook from my stereo system, its a shame.

Listening to my stereo system via the mbp is very awful. And I hope the 17" mbp will work better.

5. JSF macrumors member

JSF

6. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

7. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I've already updated this mbp using software update to the 10.5.3. But what is the difference using this combo and doing it manually?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just got a replacement MBP. No problems either.

9. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Strangely I reinstalled leopard and updated again and now I dont have the static noise issue or the hissing from using my external speakers via headphone jack or optical!! :confused:

I really didnt want to exchange because:

1) I think the 15" is the perfect size and the 17" mbp is a bit bulky to carry around (even around the house but nice on your lap) especially the 1920x1200 text is too small.
    2) I dont want to pay the extra $750.
    3) For some reason this screen on the 15" looks so vivid than what I remembered from the both 17" hires mbp and previous 15" mbp that I owned. The black looks so deep. Even for a matte looks more vivid than what the glossy mbp that popped out of my matte box but hdd eventually died from my previous one.

That's strange.. I guess it needed a clean/new installation??