To all the iPhone 5S beta testers...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Namji, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Hi to everyone who has purchased and received their iPhone 5S..

I just wanted to say thank you for beta testing for me and others to find all the bugs and hardware issues some of you are already experiencing such as the vibrating motor being too loud http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1641415 and home button with a louder clicking sound http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1641343

I'mm sure there is more so please everyone who has the phone now post your issues.. and Apple may address it with their new batches of the iPhone 5S...
    thanks!

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

These are not issues! The home button has a different sound than before, and vibration is also a bit different. My iPhone 5S is perfect.

3. Namji thread starter macrumors 6502a

Namji

Sure sure....:cool:

4. noobinator macrumors 601

If those are the biggest issues, this phone can declare victory over the rest of the smart phones.

Thanks OP, we now know we have the best phone!

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I think you just convinced yourself that there are problems out there, so that you won't feel bad for not having one...

6. Skika macrumors 68030

7. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

I'd actually like a louder vibration motor, as I sometimes miss calls on my 4S.

One thing I wouldn't accept though is poor (cheap) anodization, so hopefully Apple have addressed that.

8. Namji thread starter macrumors 6502a

Namji

I plan to get a ip5S 64gb. Just waiting to see if there is any problems with these phones and wait until all are resolved before purchasing. I just read someone had an issue with slow motion video not playing back in slow motion. :)

If you all recall the previous iPhones had "issues" and we're "fixed" at a later time. e.g. Antenna, scuffs, home button not responding, etc etc.

9. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

True, but if I recall apple replaced phones that had these issues, so what's the point in waiting?

For the record, my phone has zero issues. Works flawlessly.

Unless you consider the home button clicking differently an issue.

10. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

Quoted for truth. Guarantee that if he had found one, he would gladly be "Beta Testing"

11. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

OP, don't be mad. You too will get a 5S one day.

Device has no issues and as other said even if one did arise they'd replace the device. So really, it's a non "issue."

12. fs454 macrumors 65816

I'll enjoy my beta test this year just like I did for the last 7 iPhones on launch day.

I have zero issues, considering they've already had a year to work out bugs with this hardware and design, and if I were to have a problem, the fact that I have the phone from day one outweighs the inconvenience of having to stop by an Apple store to get a replacement.

I'm sure you agree.

13. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

This. But seriously my 5S is absolutely perfect and I'm loving the Leather case.

Attached Files:

14. iapplelove macrumors 68030

iapplelove

i played with a friends and didn't notice any different "click" than my 5.

15. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I enjoy "beta testing" launch day phones. I've had a launch day iPhone since the iPhone 4 and the only issue I've ever had was a faulty sleep/wake button on the iPhone 5 which was replaced under warranty.

16. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

Considering all of the changes in the home button to accommodate the finger print sensor, how are you surprised that the click is different? A regular home button is obviously going to make a different sound clicking than a button that also has a completely new sensor. I think someone is looking for anything to be wrong with it. I got a Space grey 32 gb 5s on launch day and I am thrilled with it. I originally wanted the gold but I actually love the sleekness that the space grey has. I have absolutely no complaints with the 5s.

17. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Me too... These threads are there to sooth the OP so he just doesn't feel bad about not having one... if there is an issue with the phone, whatever it may be, Apple will replace it under warranty so your original post is moot.

18. mlblacy macrumors 6502

go back under your bridge...

until the next iPhone launches...

19. WilliamG macrumors 604

+1. He's just jealous. :)

20. iSIILENT macrumors regular

Typical iphone 5 owner who is in between getting a iphone5s, because its the new thing and feels he is missing out on the new trend ... Seems like some iPhone 5 owners are having trouble convincing themselves to wait till iphone 6 ...

This coming from a perfect 4s experience who is waiting for his 5s experience , can't wait for LTE speeds

21. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Typical iPhone 5 owner who got out of the line the second it was sold out and is now regretting it :)

22. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Any perceived problems will be fixed next year with the iPhone 6. Feel free to buy something then. :)

That's a software issue, fixable without having to wait to buy your phone.

The iPhone 4 antenna designed was not "fixed" until the iPhone 4S.

Solution: Hold it right.

Not fixed, the 5 is still very scuffable, and with little exterior design change, apparently so is the 5S. It's an issue common to anodized aluminum finishes.

Solution: use a case, or don't scuff your phone.

Again, fixed only after new designs.

By comparison, a clicky home button and "loud" virbrate motor are actually pleasant things to hear people complain about. It means there's a relative lack of real defects to complain about.

So, you keep twiddling your thumbs and "gloating." We'll see you next year. :)

23. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Lol OP. Definitely trying to convince yourself here. Ya man the 5s is crap!. Il gladly keep beta testing the 5s for you ;-)

24. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I've had launch day 4, 4s, 5, and now 5s. Have never had an issue.

25. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Those "issues" sound like "opinions" after reading the thread. Does the vib. sound a little more loud? Yes. I'm not sure how that is a bug or hardware issue. How is it too loud?

Does the home button have a click sound? Yes. Again, I don't understand how that can be considered a hardware problem. The thread was just asking if anyone else is hearing it. I don't think anyone that pays attention when they press the home button will not hear it. It's not a hardware defect; at least I don't understand how someone considers that it is. Can you elaborate on how it is?

You read someone had an issue with slow motion video not playing in slow motion... hmmm... that sounds like user error to me. Have you read that someone, mysteriously had slow motion video playing back in slow motion? *Gasp!!!