To all the of the gamers who want to buy a macbooks.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mbcollins93, Oct 19, 2008.

1. mbcollins93 macrumors member

mbcollins93

I have done some research and have found out that Team fortress does work on the new macbooks and pretty well. Also i found out i little bit about Crysis. I i am just using common sense on most of this here because no one has really tried out crysis on a macbook, but here is my info that should help you out a lot. The pre-october 14 macbook pros could play cyrsis very well, and here is proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4jvz7qa-e8 ;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXlejyKD1_Y
    Now these computer both have NVIDIA GeForce 8600M. This is relevent because apple said during the macbook release that the new NVIDIA GeForce 9400M (in the new aluminum macbooks) are 10 to 20% faster than the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M (in the pre-October 14 macbook pros). So, the new macbooks can, in fact, play crysis just as good or even better than the pre-october 14 macbook pros.

So i hope this answers some of your questions
    cheers

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

No, Jobs showed via a chart that the 9400M gives only 55% of the power of an 8600M. It also shares memory with the system, rather than having its own dedicated stuff.

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

lol ur sayn that the macs intergrated gpu is faster than the 8600m. i dont think so.

4. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

i am trying to find were i got my info from right now.
    sorry

5. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

ok i am doing some more research on this issue right now i think i just got my faqs wrong. i should be comparing it to another graphics card sorry. i am going through the history on my computer.

6. kenned macrumors member

While the 9400M is only 55% as powerfull as the 8600M GT, the 9600M GT is 10-20% more powerfull than the 8600M GT, so maybe thats what you really meant?

Even though we've seen some remarkable benchmarks of the new MBP compared to other laptops using the 9600M, people are denying that it runs Hybrid SLI with the 9400M in the MBP. I actually believe it does, under windows. Apple maybe disabled the feature under OS X to preserve battery life,

7. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

yeah i think that is probably what i had found, but i am stil looking for the website i got all of my info from. Hear is something i found that might interest someone. http://anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3432&p=4

8. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

this opinion is based on what? Hybrid sli would probably penalzie the performance approx 5% when compared to a the single 9600 for power savings.