To all the Skeptics who did not think the 4S would sell read this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

2. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Interesting move on Apple's part. They know that the vast majority of phones sold in HK will end up in mainland China. Why bother to work a deal with the Chinese telecoms when you can just flood them in through HK?

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Because there are 7 million people in Hong Kong and 1.4 billion in China.

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Apple stocks are going to go down... What a disappointment... Blah blah blah...

Those people are A-holes. 4s is a great update and the form factor/design is still my favorite of all phones right still.

6. juswest macrumors regular

7. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

lol... yeah, I remember all the people who said it would be the death of Apple.

...or wait, no I dont.

8. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Nobody said it would be the death of Apple, but if you look back on release date opinions, editorials, blogs, and these forums, you will see an endless amount of venom thrown at Apple for releasing "an updated iPhone 4"

Speculation was that 4S would be a failure. Now that it is proven to be completely opposite, many opinions, editorials, blogs, and these forums are backpedaling and changing their tunes. :rolleyes:

9. xorjo macrumors member

no one doubted it would sell, apple is riding the high wind right now... they can release toilett paper and sell it for 20% higher than everyone elses and it would still sell... the thing is how long can they keep that momentum when releasing minor updates to perhaps their biggest/most successful product: the iphone.

10. DryEyez macrumors 6502

I might not be upgrading to the 4s and sticking with the 3gs until the next version comes out, but it really is a great phone...and if the men came...the men...and forced me...forced me...to upgrade, I would upgrade to 4s at this point.

11. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Sure, but they're "limiting" purchases to 10 phones per person in HK. What exactly does Apple suppose is happening to those phones?

Since this is apparently the only place that purchases aren't limited to 2 per customer, I can only infer that this is a tactic to put pressure on the mainland China telecoms to "play ball".

12. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

This is the type of post I was referring. I am curious if they had released the upgrades we received internally and it came packaged in a redesigned case....would THAT had been what would had put the naysayers at bay? :confused:

It was not minor. Use the 4 daily, and then use the 4S daily and when you go back to the 4, you definitely notice a difference.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So you came in here to brag about your bad memory...? :confused: