To all those who opted out of the X (and 8)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deeds500, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Deeds500 macrumors 6502

As Bon Jovi sang in "it's my life", this is for the one's who stood their ground.

Plenty of reviews and feedback starting to come through that the X is nothing special. It's not even selling as fast as everyone thought. This device is supposed to lead the way for the next 10 years, yet it's a flaw fest wrapped in glass, given it was meant to be the 10 year anniversary biggy.

From what I've seen and heard thus far.

Face ID.

It's a 3 step process. 1) Touch or pick up your phone. 2) Look at your phone and wait for the padlock to swivel. 3) Swipe up. Fail. Now compare that to touch ID's one step process, touch the home button and that is all.

The display.

Longer than the Plus. Narrower than the Plus. Aspect ratio is demented. Fail. Less pixels than a Note. Fail. Less nits than the Note. Fail. Oh and it has a cut out at the top which your content wraps around but you can avoid this obstruction of the cut out if you simply SHRINK your media (fail) which, if you think about it, renders having a longer screen useless LOL, and your content will then be even narrower than it already was if you''re comparing it to a Plus. Fail.

Features

All year I was excited to see what the final product would be and to say that the keynote was underwhelming is an understatement. But even so, I was secretly hoping (praying even) when watching reviews these past 2 hours that there would be some killer features that were going to surprise us all. But nope, there were none. Fail. Once you strip back all the hoo haa about the overrated neither here nor there display, the slopply 3 step Face ID and the new gestures you have to memorise, this is basically just a small upgrade to last year's iphone. Fail. No new killer software features (fail) except the anamojis which I'm sure will excite 13 year old girls and 7 year old boys all around the world.

So to all those ones who stood their ground, well done, you have dodged a bullet.

Bring on 2018 and quite possibly the Note 9, or whatever phone it is that you choose, I'm tipping it can't get any worse than this year's releases.

Oh and if you happen to be an isheep who, like some poster I read another op, was shaking as you unboxed his X (seriously get a grip), this OP is not a troll. If you actually take the time to read what I have said, it's not very far from the nark. Calling it as I see it.

That is all.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

So essentially the iPhone X doesn't line up with your perspective as it does for others On here who are exceedingly excited about what it has to offer and it's new form factor. So it's a matter of differences and opinions. You have yours and everybody else has their's.

3. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Nothing is perfect. It was needed in order to make a more portable phone and if they left the home button then it would taken more space

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Deeds500, personally, I think that there is a lot of truth in what you say, but you'd better get your asbestos suit on!

5. kultschar macrumors 6502a

6. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I decided to go with the 8 Plus, choosing to wait until next years XI Plus or whatever. I am normally all over Apple kit like a rash. However, despite agreeing with a lot of what you say, you lost any credibility when you used the phrase "iSheep".

To those who went with the X, enjoy. I'm sad I'm not part of the "new gadget" experience, but not sad I didn't jump on board.