To anyone who bought their iPhone online and ported their Verizon number over

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PD081, Jun 23, 2009.

1. PD081 macrumors member

What was the process? Did you have any problems porting your Verizon number over without going to the AT&T store?

Still trying to figure out which way I should do it when I get my new iPhone in a few weeks...

2. wr1020 macrumors regular

I did this when the 3gs was announced. When you order your iphone online it asks if you are a current at&t customer or if you are gonna open a new account. When you choose new account it will ask if you want to port a number over, if yes then it asks for the telephone # and your account number. After that you pick what plan you want etc and once you order it your pretty much done. I ordered from apple.com btw.

Once you receive the phone you plug it into your computer and activate it via itunes. It'll ask for your phone number, last 4 of your social and zip code. When i did this in less than a minute my new iphone was activated and the phone itself will say your phone is now activated. Once you do this your verizon contract will automatically cancel. I tried making a phone call with my verizon phone and it wouldn't let me and told me to get a hold of customer service.

Overall extremely easy process and activation was seamless, i couldn't believe how quick it activated considering i activated it on the 19th when the phone came out.

3. PD081 thread starter macrumors member

4. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

awesome. I'm doing the same thing, thanks for the response!

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

:eek: Your Verizon contract automatically cancels?! Thats awesome! I was dreadng the phone call and having to hassle with a rep who will try and keep me on Verizon.

If Verizon ever got iPhone....Id hop back to them.