To anyone who has the new Macbook Aluminum

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RelievedSimplet, Oct 14, 2008.

1. RelievedSimplet macrumors member

Hello,
    I am going to be buying the high end MacBook aluminum sometime around end of this week, beginning of next week, assuming my college refund check comes on time. I was wondering if anyone has the new MacBook yet for one reason. I am a hardcore CoD4 player on Windows. This will be my first Mac and I've recently become aware of a copy of CoD4 for OS X. I was wondering how well the new Macbook handled this game? Just an idea of how smooth it runs, perhaps FPS it runs at what resolutions would be greatly appreciated so I can decide if I'll need to get a Pro instead.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. RelievedSimplet thread starter macrumors member

While I appreciate your response, I'd appreciate it more if you would elaborate as to why I should keep playing it on Windows?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Cider overhead on the Mac version not to mention the shared video memory on the MacBook.

Just keep playing it natively on Windows if you're "hardcore".

5. RelievedSimplet thread starter macrumors member

Ah, thanks. Well, this leads to my next question, would it run well on Windows XP in bootcamp on the MacBook, or would I have to buy a MBP? Also, what way would you prefer to run it, natively on Windows XP via bootcamp, via VMWare Fusion, or another method?

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Please do not attempt to game in VMWare.

For casual bursts you'll be fine under Windows XP but don't have high expectations of the IGP.

7. RelievedSimplet thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thanks for the info. I suppose I'll go with the high end MB and see how it goes, worst case scenario I'll exchange it within the 14 days for a MBP. Worst Worst case, I'll play it between breaks at college on my MB and on the 360 when I'm home. I figured VMWare would be a worst case scenario, but wasn't sure. Thanks again for the info, I really can't wait until I buy a new MB!!

8. 103734 Guest

yea I would not even try to game in OS X, just install windows xp with just your games, much better that way!

9. wonza macrumors member

under XP, is it likely to be able to run Counterstrike:source?

cos thats all I care about :)

10. 103734 Guest

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You can do that already on the GMA X3100.

12. Skyldig macrumors regular

All i need is a 3dMark06 benchmark. If someone has a few minutes to do it when the new MB arrives, I'd be very very happy ;)

<-- Still undecided about MB vs. MBP.

13. wonza macrumors member

I've tried to do it on my macbook, and it wont run. So if it works on the new macbook, that would be ace!