To anyone who thinks the iphone4 Antennae issue is like other phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kre62, Jul 19, 2010.

1. kre62 macrumors 68000

The iPhone4 antennae problem is unlike any other phone. Why do I say that? Because you have to actually grip other phones. The ip4 dies with a soft touch.

See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TclSVCPzEs&feature=player_embedded

All data transmission freezes completely when the line is touched. Now this is because the 24db drop in signal put the phone in the No Service range. If they had perfect signal, this would only slow the data not kill it completely.

Anyone who wants to try to argue, please post a video of any other phone in existence losing signal with a touch.

Why is this important? Because this proves that Apple has a hardware flaw on it's hands. They are trying to lump this in with other phones as "just part of the business", but thats not the case.

P.S. Only the first 1:20 is relevant, the rest explains how invisishield solves the problem.

2. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Yawn... Yes we all know this... iPhone4 needs a case to work correctly. lets move on.

see my siggy.

3. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Opening the MR floodgates, you are. But seriously, this is indeed a serious issue for Apple, one that's not just to go 'poof' like they obviously want it to.

4. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Just sick of people posting videos of other phones supposedly experiencing the same issue (just saw one on droid incredible). Sorry, no other phone does this.

5. phrint macrumors 6502

Do you feel better making a separate thread and taking up space on the forum to prove a point that is already known?

6. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

If its so well known why do I see 5 threads a day stating other phones are the same? Obviously someones not getting the message.

7. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Why would that ever matter? There are multiple threads for nearly every topic imaginable on this site. Multiple threads get the message across to the most people, and allow different ideas and opinions to be argued/discussed.

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

most people know this, its just the iphone fanboys/stock holders/employees trying to do damage control. while its true all phones lose some reception when held, other phones lose like 10-15 db while the iphone loses 20+db.

9. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

I got the message

There is a lot of content flying around the forum right now. Stuff gets buried very very fast.

10. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

But see the iphone4 doesn't have to be held. i.e. its its own completely new, completely different, issue that no other phone on the face of the earth exhibits. It stands alone in this issue. Now the end result may be similar, but the cause is not.

11. phrint macrumors 6502

So you think you are delivering the thread that is going to stop all the other people from posting the same junk? No one is going to listen to you just like no one is going to listen to anyone else here. It's never happened and never will. This is an internet forum where the most unreasonable people come to try and convince other unreasonable people that their opinion or observation is the best.

MR has gone down the crapper big time. The quality of conversations taking place here is beyond poor. This seems to happen when the new iPhone comes out and lasts for a few months.

12. hippo206 macrumors 6502

You join on July 12th and are sick of seeing posts? Imagine the people that have been here much longer than you.

13. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

Maybe would be posters fresh with links to youtube videos will read the thread title and figure this **** out first. Lets hope.

14. phrint macrumors 6502

The only thing that multiple topics on the same thread does is ruin this forum. Create one thread and communicate there. It's not that hard. There are no different ideas in multiple threads about the same topic. Just the same idea written in different words.

15. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Sig

Your sig made my night an are my exact sentiments. I as well have not had an issue with "antena" in day to day use. Actually it blows my 3G and friends 3GS out of the water in terms of call quality and I experience way less dropped calls.

16. dsa1971 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A306)

Oh please. Forum space? Really? Who cares?

17. BadMoon macrumors 6502

That laptop in the video is clearly state of the art! What is that a think pad from 94? LOL!

18. FunkyTang macrumors 6502

Apple is insane thinking it was a good idea to place the cellular antenna on the bottom left.

19. harcosparky macrumors 68020

If you bought one and do not like it then ----> RETURN IT

If you haven't bought one then ----> Shut The **** Up

How's that? ;)

20. harcosparky macrumors 68020

What exactly is a " db "?

How many db's must you lose to go from 4 bars to 2 bars?

What equipment did you measure the losses in?

What standard was the RF Spectrum Analyzer calibrated to/with?

What certification level is the RF anechoic chamber you had the UUT's in when testing?

I apologize for the questions, that't the RD design engineer in me coming out! :D

EDIT: I see you joined the forum this month? Is this a new user name created just to cause trouble in the iPhone section? :D :D

21. puggles macrumors regular

I cant get it to do it when i touch that spot...its only when i do the "death grip"

22. fender57 macrumors 6502

Darn I'm screwed, I always lay my phone down and touch that spot with my finger when I make a call. No wonder my calls all drop. I better go buy a Droid...thanks OP!

23. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

wow an RD design engineers doesnt know what a db is? But on the other hand is familiar with RF anechoic chamber certification levels.
    Hmmmmm

24. reliantj macrumors 6502

everyone's trying to find an excuse to make themselves feel better for buying a defective phone for 200-300.

so what? it's a defense mechanism.
    leave them be.

25. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2

Here you go. 24 db drop in snr. You're an engineer so you obviously know what those terms mean.