To anyone with an iPhone 3GS on iOS 5..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xLucky7, Dec 28, 2011.

1. xLucky7 macrumors newbie

My BB failed me, so im now im trying to buy an iPhone. Im in a dilemma between an iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. I'd oviously get an iPhone 4 if i had enough money, however im only looking to spend up to 260$ish. If i dont find one for cheap, im probably going to get an iPhone 3GS (or i'd use my old ass Samsung phone, however i really dont wanna do that).

Soo my questions go out to iPhone 3GS users... How fast is it (on iOS 5)? And do new games from the App Store still support it?

Should i even bother buying an iPhone 3GS, or should i just save my money until i can afford a iPhone 4? (Even if i get an iPhone 3GS, i upgrade in August, so ill definitely buy an iPhone 4S then).

2. dickdaney macrumors regular

I'm assuming you're buying an eBay 3GS, because you're under contract. The 3GS is plenty fast on ios5 and will be way better than your old BB. If you have an upgrade next August, you might as well wait a few more months and get the 5 in the fall.

99.9% of the games in the app store will run on the 3GS. You won't have a problem there.

3. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My sis has an 3GS on ios5. It works plenty fast and runs every game that doesn't require an iPhone 4 or 4S. I have to say the screen on the 4 and 4S is AMAZINGLY CRISP! And the speed is much more noticeable, but the 3GS is plent fast, it's not like you'll be waiting for 30 secs for stuff to load, it goes fast.

4. xLucky7 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm ok thats nice to know. im just really hoping i could find an iPhone 4 for cheap, so i wouldnt have to worry about getting a new phone for a while.. :eek:

guess ill try my luck..