To anyone worried about scuffgate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roland.g, Sep 21, 2012.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I personally ordered white b/c I've had black 3G and 4 and wanted a change.

However, I still ordered a skin. I think this is definitely a wise move for the black/slate with potential scuffing issue.

For those who don't want a case to hide their sweet looking new iPhone 5, look into a clear skin. I've always used BSE - www.bestskinsever.com and have had their stuff on every generation of iPhone and my MacBook and MacBook Air. IMHO they are way better than BodyGuardz and still better and cheaper than Zagg.

$5.94 right now is what I ordered my iPhone 5 skin for, but I think their price goes up to $7.99 soon. I only get the back skin which comes with the back piece and side strips. I use an SGP crystal film for the screen.

The only downside is that the skin will cover the back and sides most likely, but not the beveled edges. Unless they change their design and wrap it. But that will still keep the back from getting marked up.

2. flipn0tic macrumors member

- Signed, BSE employee

3. Chriseybear macrumors newbie

Haha you'd think... but I can vouch for what he's saying.

I always use a BSE on my stuff, after spending like $80 on zagg, only to get that orange peel effect and just generally didn't like it, oh and $80 because I was charged twice using their lifetime warranty exchange program, and they never received my old one back, apparently. I then tried a few others, including bodyguardz.

BSE everytime now, for such a cheap price they're great.

4. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

It's going to be tough for skins to cover those sharp edged bevels.

Am I worried about the slate model scuffing? Not enough to make me get the white one instead. I'd rather live with scuff marks than the ill-designed back of the white model.

5. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Sorry but no.
    They are a local company to the Denver area where I live, and so I am thrilled to support them, but it is for a reason. Great products, the best in my opinion of all the skins, and great price.

I've never liked Zagg's pricing and I think their skins have a different feel and less precise cut. BodyGuardz is a disaster. Their products are awful and I've tried them.

I have heard good things about XO and WrapSol, but at this point I've used BSE with so much confidence, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

And while I realize that it won't help the edges, it will protect the expanse of the back and long sides.

I was torn on whether to get the new black and slate but I had already decided before the preview to go white this time, just wanting a change. If I had the chance to see it in person before buying I may have made a different choice, but as a pre-order I decided to go with my initial decision. My wife is probably getting one in December when she become eligible for an upgrade, so I can always give her the white one and get the other at that time.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

To anyone worried that idiots will continue to use -"gate"...your fears are well founded.

7. flipn0tic macrumors member

I was joking.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'm definately not a BSE employee and I'll give them a thumbs up as well. In the end I took it all off because in general I hate having anything on my phone....but they were good quality when I had them.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I wonder how many were alive during or remember Watergate...i

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I seem to considering I walk by it at least twice a week :)

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I've driven past it many times; I live in Maryland and remember the burglary and resulting scandal.

12. ingramLee macrumors regular

SHOTS FIRED :p