To buy 15" MBP or not to buy that is the question?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jenko, Jun 26, 2010.

  1. Jenko macrumors regular

    Jun 17, 2009
    Hi guys and gals,
    This is a question that can not be answered I suppose but here it goes anyway. I am looking to buy a new 15" i7 MBP but I am kind of nervous due mainly to the fact that there may be a huge upgrade next year with regard to ios, multitouch screen, sandybridge USB 3, lightspeak etc... If you were in my shoes, needed the laptop and had the money (about €2,000) would you buy now or wait until next major upgrade?
  2. spinnerlys Guest


    Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    Doesn't that depend on your needs?

    If I would need the computer now and had the money, I would buy now.

    If I could wait, I'll probably wait.

    Btw, a multi-touch display (if that is what you imply with multi touch) is very unlikely due to the non-existent ergonomics using your fingers to touch the display all the time.
    Also iOS on the desktop/laptop level is unlikely too, that#s what the iPad is currently for.
  3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020


    Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    It all comes down to needs vs. wants.

    Scenario #1- If it's a need then you NEED to get it now.

    Scenario #2- If it's a want then wait and see what happens in 6-12 months. Keep the money stored away and maybe more info will come out (unlikely:()

    REMEMBER- with either scenario you are getting a more capable computer than you have now and you are doing it without going into debt!!:D

    As far as the iOS goes- it would be at least a year or two before that might be integrated into a computer.....same with the touch screen. What I think will happen is a two screen laptop....where the trackpad is your iPod Touch which pops into the laptop to charge and becomes an interactive trackpad as well. Just my wish of course but makes for a really cool device. (You just can't misplace your iPod Touch!)

Share This Page