To Buy iPad Air 2 or not to buy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rian Gray, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Rian Gray macrumors regular

Rian Gray

Currently I own Wfi only iPad Air, while I love it, I'm desperately in need of more space. I thought 64gb would cut it, now almost every 3 months or so, I need to restore completely to free up spaces as much as possible. The way I see it, it's almost unusable without wifi connection.

So I looked up what I can do, and one of the choices I have is to buy a 128 gb refurbished iPad air 2, and sell my iPad. At any rate, I think it would cost me around $400 or thereabout in total.

I guess the real question is: is it worth it? or should I just wait for iPad air 3 instead?

2. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Depends how badly you want it. If you decide to wait, there is that possibility you might have to wait 9-12 mos.

Have you looked into or considered one of these media hubs to store some of your movies, photos, songs or documents to free up space for your Apps?

3. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I think it's a good time with the staples deal.

4. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I just sold my iPad Air 1 a week and half ago and bought myself an iPad Air 2. I have no regrets. The 2 is faster, the screen is better, and with iOS 9 and content blockers I feel like I have a whole new device.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Buy it

Air 3 might not be out till next year sometime and air 2 is a fantastic device.

Even better with ios 9 and spilt screen

6. Rian Gray thread starter macrumors regular

Rian Gray

Thanks for the info!

I just checked, turns out staples have a better deal than anyone else. And with some googling, I also found out Amazon buys used electronics, so in total I'd be getting a new iPad with $300. Apple may or may not have iPad Air 3 available next year, but at any rate, I think $300 is affordable investment for a new iPad.

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Either the staples deal or possibly waiting it out until Black Friday sales, but then again no guarantee a deal might be a lucrative...I guess it just depends on how much your need it right now or if you can wait. Another alternative for he interim may be upgrading your iCloud storage space, that is if you currently even use that as as option.

8. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

Yup. Staples has a deal on it. Gotta love Staples. So does Best Buy which is where I bought my iPad to begin with.

9. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Staples definitely has a good deal going. I couldn't pass it up and picked up an air 2. I would call your staples before heading over though. My local store showed 2 64gb iPads in stock and I ordered for pickup, when I got there I was told they have no stock at all and not sure why the online store shows them having them. I ended up going next door to target and having them price match. I have heard some targets can be picky about price matching, maybe depends on the person you deal with.

10. Rian Gray thread starter macrumors regular

Rian Gray

They had free 1 day shipping when I ordered online. How was your experience with Target's price match? I heard some people having trouble with getting them to accept the price tag from a competitor.

11. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

The lady at the electronics was awesome, she just looked at the price on staples website on my phone and gave me the that price, no issues at all. I have also heard some people say they have issues even if they bring in a printed copy of the ad but I've suggested showing them the corporate site policy. Not sure how they can deny you after that

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence