To buy or not to but, Trustworthy online seller?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rjyapp, Jul 10, 2009.

1. rjyapp macrumors newbie

ok i stumbled upon this site the other day and it just seemed to good to be true, check it.

http://www.goodinshopping.com/apple-macbook-pro-mb470lla-154inch-laptop-24-ghz-intel-core-p-895.html

but also check out the rest of their price's s

http://www.goodinshopping.com/apple-macbook-c-106.html

so i just need an some one to give me their thoughts on it, is the site just that sweet or is it all just a horse **** scam. their prices on everything else is also very cheap, a 67 lcd tv for 900$, come on.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you want to get scammed, then go right ahead and buy from them. If you want to actually get a MacBook Pro, then buy from somewhere else.

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Looks like a scam, just buy from Apple or an authorized Apple reseller.

4. abthegreat macrumors regular

Whoa!!

Apple super light weights!!:eek:

5. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Don't be a sucker. Ridiculous deals are not to be trusted. Never buy
    anything except from known, respected sources.

6. rjyapp thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah just noticed that, is that actually in grams cuss then its total ********.

7. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

the website doesn't even load properly in Safari...

would you buy from it even we say buy?

8. 1ne macrumors regular

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

site has no "about us", no contact phone, only contact is email or "live chat". Don't waste your time; as others say "if it's too good to be true, it's fake".

10. BayouBengal macrumors regular

They let me add 999,999 MacBook Pros to my cart. But like everyone else said, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I mean that's a ridiculous good price.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Stay far away from this.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Remember the old adage, if it is too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true. This sounds like a complete scam - run a mile from it and buy your Apple from a reputable source, such as an Apple store.

Cheers and good luck

13. gavin83209 macrumors regular

What they say:
    RAM: 2000 MB
    RAM type: DDR2 SDRAM

What is real:
    RAM: 2048 MB
    RAM type: DDR3 SDRAM

The first error is excusable and a common mistake, but the second one shows to me that they didn't thoroughly look up the specs before they posted it. If they had a physical MBP, the System Profiler would have been able to correct them. In addition to this, they don't specify the graphics cards it has like most resellers, the hard drive manufacturer is "Portable," I assume another oversight as I have never heard of them, and of course, the low price, weight, lack of physical support, and the fact that it doesn't draw correctly in Safari.

The average weight of a standard US letter is about 28.35 grams. That covers two letters. The MacBook Pro, by contrast is roughly 2500 grams without packaging. That's 88 letters worth. I have no idea where they pulled 60 grams from.

I highly recommend buying a MBP somewhere else.

Edit: the page doesn't draw completely correctly in Firefox 3.0.6, either. I haven't tried 3.5 thoroughly because it broke some of my addons, the only reason I keep FF around to begin with.

14. rjyapp thread starter macrumors newbie

i actually got a great deal on the 2008 3.06 imac, bought it from small dog electronics for only 1450$ brand new and factory sealed. i hardly ever buy straight from apple any more unless its the new line, but i think they where selling the 3.06 Referbed for close to 1700$ tax included.

15. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What sounds too good, isn't usually true. I wouldn't buy from them, looks like a scam. There are no stores that can sell Macs for that price, it's over 50% cheaper than Apple offers it. Also the site is laggy and looked poorly made for me.

Buy only from trusted online sellers like MacMall, Amazon etc.