To buy or not to buy... 13inch MBP??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joegreggo, Nov 11, 2010.

  1. joegreggo macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2010
    #1
    Hello everyone,

    I'm sure there's probable about a million threads on this topic already but I'm having a little trouble finding them.

    Basicaly I'm looking to buy a 13inch MBP very very soon (this week) and I checked the buyers guide and it states NOT TO BUY.

    Unfortunately it only goes on to talk about the upgrades happening to the 15 and 17inch versions.

    Is anyone able to tell me if the envisage any updates to the 13inch anytime soon, or is it advisable to buy it now.

    Many thanks all!!!
     
  2. joegreggo thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2010
  3. nfl46 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    #3
    Don't buy. And we are not sure what Apple is going to do. Chances are the 13" will get a high res screen, SSD, SB and the optical drive may be taken out. No one knows Apple's next move. Get a MBA.
     
  4. deeddawg macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Location:
    US
    #4
    Couple thoughts...

    First, a post at 6am Eastern won't see a huge number of responses as much of the US is still sleeping. Europeans are in the middle of their workday and may be actually working or in class vs. on Macrumors. :)

    Second, this question has been asked and answered dozens of times recently; you should be able to easily find MANY MANY threads on this topic will every answer your thread might generate already sitting there waiting for you.

    Third, the classic advice remains -- if you need it now, buy it now. Since an update is likely in the next 2-4 months, buying used at a good price is an option, do so with the plan to resell for a small loss (consider it the cost of having the newer machine for a few months).

    Most importantly, if waiting is an option, then you don't need it now; see previous paragraph. :)
     
  5. Built macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #5
    If you live near a Microcenter, and are interested in the 250GB MBP, you might want to check this out...

    http://http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334909

    For $999, IMHO, it is well worth buying it now, unless you absolutely need to have the latest and greatest.

    I was able to get my local Best Buy to price match, so I got the Reward Zone points and a brand-new MBP to replace my 2007-vintage MB.


    Ignore the "Open Box" promo in the Microcenter ad. Just add the MBP new to the cart and it will give you the 999 price.
     
  6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

    shyam09

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2010
    #6
    go for it. buy it now and then when apple comes out with their new edition ignore an laugh at it (too keep yourself from buying it again)
    then in a couple of years, when the technology is really awesome.. get yourself an SSD and install it, bump up the RAM to 8GB nad you will be on a role.. sure you will have the C2D, so thats one flaw?

    plus: we dont know if Apple will bump up the prices for their computers. it hasn't been so for a while, but once again its hard to tell..
     
  7. trigonometry macrumors 6502

    trigonometry

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2010
    Location:
    South Carolina
    #7
    Go ahead. Buy it. Did you see what happen'd to the poor souls waiting to buy a white iPhone? And that was an announced product on the website! Plus I dont see how Apple is going to overcome the size constraints necessary to update the 13" MBP with a better processor. At least in the near future. That's why their flagship laptop MBA is still rockin' a C2D. If they do update in spectacular fashion, sell your like-new MBP and get the newer one.
     

Share This Page