To buy or not to buy 2010 models (this one is different)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HemOdd, Dec 4, 2010.

1. HemOdd macrumors newbie

HemOdd

It's been a while that i am thinking about buying an i7 MBP, but i have a problem: This "random freezing issue" scares me. there are noticeable threads about this issue here and also in other forums. it seems that it is not an uncommon thing.
    I can't wait for the new line of MBP. So what do you suggest?
    Should i forget about MBP? or i have to forget about this problem and buy one?

By the way, i have no access to an official apple store, so i can't replace the macbook if it is infected.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

I have had my i7 for several months and have been using it as my only computer this semester at college and have never had a freezing issue.

4. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Keep in mind that you only read about the problems with mbp's online and you rarely hear about those with no problems at all. So take all you hear with a grain of salt as there are many more that haven't been affected with the issues.

Also, there is always Apple Care and its phone support - shipping is free and they send you everything you need with really fast turnaround.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Absolutely correct. If you just look at the problem threads, it sounds like a large percentage are flawed. People don't generally post "My MBP is fine, no issue, no dead pixels, no freezing, no smoke issuing from ports". I have bought 5 Macs in the last 5 years, and have had to do a forced power off only once or twice. Two of the Macs are minis (1 PPC, 1 Intel), the others an iMac 24", an iBook, and a MBP. All have flawless screens and zero hardware issues.

6. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

7. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

No freezing, dead pixels, over heating, battery life degrading (faster then expected) here either.