To buy or not To Buy. That is the Question

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
2,437
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok, Here's the dilly.

A buddy of mine had to design a poster for one of his classes at school. he got me to design the poster, so we'd have a slam dunk victory and win $500.

The deal was this: I'd surrender to him my 5gb iPod and purchase a 10gb one. Well, we won, and just got paid. I am wondering, and I know the rule-- I SHOULD WAIT-- but still, wondering.... any ideas what will happen to the iPod??

I know that $100 off rebate is over... maybe a price drop?? That would be hot hot hot.

Anyopions? I'm just looking for opinions, for to make my decision seem more solid, thought out.

TY!

m
 

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
3,794
3
in transit
I'd wait until after the expo, but I don't really think that any new upgrades (software/hardware) are going to be present at the expo. Just wait about 9 more days. :D
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
19,233
2
London, England
I can't see the iPod getting any update, so on that front I think you'd be safe, but, it is allways possible there could be a price drop.
With MWNY so close you may as well just wait it out, what have you got to loose, you'd kill urself if the price came down just after you had bought it.

So my advice...wait! :D
 

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
2,437
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by verbose101
I can't see the iPod getting any update, so on that front I think you'd be safe, but, it is allways possible there could be a price drop.
With MWNY so close you may as well just wait it out, what have you got to loose, you'd kill urself if the price came down just after you had bought it.

So my advice...wait! :D
Basically, I'd lose ten days without a gajillion songs at my listening disposal. :)

Yea. But i think i'll wait. anyone else???
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.