To buy or not to buy? the annoying question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MattRum, May 11, 2014.

  1. MattRum macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2013
    #1
    Hi,

    This is probably a typical question that is tough to answer. I'd like to get a new macbook.

    Should I go ahead and get the current Oct 2013 retina macbook pro or should I wait for any of the new upgrades to macbook pro?

    What upgrades are expected in the retina macbook pro line in June or October? Is it worth waiting?

    Thanks
     
  2. Meister Suspended

    Meister

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2013
  3. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 11, 2014
    #3
    This.

    If you need it now, it's best to buy it. There's always something better around the corner, so buy what you need when you need it.
     
  4. WardC macrumors 68030

    WardC

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Location:
    Fort Worth, TX
    #4
    Yes, it's worth waiting...and I am waiting....at least until June 2nd :)

    Current technology is October 2013 and that was 7 months ago...there are faster components on the market already and Apple hasn't updated the lineup yet.
     
  5. MattRum thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2013
    #5
    Thanks for the advice...I suppose that it is just a case of waiting to see if they can shave off a few .000005kgs or make the battery faster. I shouldn't expect major processing power upgrades. There is always the problem of waiting for the next best thing. By Juen 2 I should have a better idea.
     
  6. WardC macrumors 68030

    WardC

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Location:
    Fort Worth, TX
    #6
    It's a case of waiting for the Crystalwell speed bump (2.9GHz) as well as video card upgrades.

    Higher capacity SSD storage would not be bad either....but I just don't think it exists yet in Blade PCIe SSD form factor beyond 1TB at the moment. And probably 1TB will be the max for awhile.
     

Share This Page