To Everyone Who Pre-Ordered Both Apple Watch Sizes, 38mm and 42mm

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shayanhooshmand, Apr 10, 2015.

1. shayanhooshmand macrumors member

Hi!
    Many of you have ordered both the 38mm and 42mm sizes of your favorite Apple Watch and plan on sending the less-preferred model back to Apple.
    However, I encourage you instead of waiting for them both to deliver and try them, please go to an Apple Store and try it on, then cancel the order of the device you don't want.
    The reason for this is that lots of people are stuck with a back ordered shipping dates all the way to July and Apple Watches that are sent back after being delivered can only be sold as refurbished devices, not brand new Watches. If you canceled the order, on the other hand, that Watch could go to someone who pre-ordered their Watch but not early enough for an April or May shipping date.
    You can make an appointment to try on the Apple Watches on the Apple Store app or online on your Apple Store's page, or you can walk-in and join the cue.

Thank you so much!

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That was my plan. I'm going back to the Apple Store again tomorrow. I may actually need 14 days to pick the right size though.

3. iluvgadgets macrumors regular

No Apple Store in my city. Closest is 3 hrs away.

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

I ordered 4 watches.

1. 1 for my wife, 38mm Modern Buckle - 5/13 (it was never available for 4/24)

2. 1 for me, 38mm Milanese Loop - 4/24

3. 1 for me, 38mm Milanese Loop w/ AppleCare+ - 4/24

4. 1 for me, 42mm Milanese Loop w/ AppleCare+ - 5/13

-----

At 7am, I canceled #3 cause I could just add AppleCare+ to #2 later.

At 7pm, I canceled #2 because the 42mm Milanese looked way way better to me at my AppleStore appointment.

So I only have my two orders that I plan on keeping :)

5. El Aurens macrumors member

Just got back from the Apple Store and tried on some of the watches. I was surprised at the watches looking smaller than I thought they would be. I have a 170mm wrist. I'm cancelling the 38" space grey sport and keeping the 42" version. Both were scheduled to be delivered from 4/24 to 5/8.

6. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

all this can be avoided if Apple let you try on the watch BEFORE the official pre-order time starts.

now people are ordering both size even though they only want to keep one.

7. Time Less macrumors 6502

Time Less

I was just at a store that is usually busy during new product launch, but today it was quiet. This is probably what that Angela lady wants, a shopping experience similar to high end retail stores. That's confusing though cause high foot traffic usually means more purchases.

8. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

I was in the store, there was no sense of "high end retail" whatsoever. Employees are just walking around, talking, kinda depressing environment actually

You know what's an Apple store without traffic?? Microsoft store. ;)

this isn't the fashion industry, Angela is completely clueless

9. leeingham macrumors 6502

Spoke to manager I used to know and he said he was enjoying the atmosphere as wasn't manic and loads of people rushing around wanting their new phones etc like normal so hey they obviously like it.

10. JKNorth macrumors member

That's one store. On the other hand, my local store didn't have a line but was quite brisk all morning. Lots of foot traffic, and very enthusiastic staff.

11. random person macrumors 6502a

The store in San Francisco was totally mobbed!

12. shayanhooshmand thread starter macrumors member

I think Angela Ahrendts doesn't want the experience to have to be fighting for a spot to try out the new Watch, but instead more of a quiet, relaxed one. Although I do believe the media is mistaking this as early signs of an Apple Watch flop.

13. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I think the launch would be better if they handled it like an iPhone. But hey, I'm not a businessman. Just my opinion. :)

14. shayanhooshmand thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. I just wish you wouldn't have to wait two months if you decided to try on the Watch in stores first. Pretty crazy! Haven't come across I think more than 3 people on the forums here who have a 4/24-5/8 delivery!

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

It'd been better if we could have tried on the watches at least a week before preorders started. That'd gave people a good ideal of what they wanted. That's probably why the shipping dates are all crazy because people are ordering more than one and canceling the one they don't want.

16. shayanhooshmand thread starter macrumors member

I read on another thread that the devices might ship earlier than estimated, or at least like for a June delivery near the beginning of the month. The employees are probably are guessing like us, though, but since lots of people are canceling extra orders, it could be a possibility.

17. flaw600 macrumors 6502

I read that on other threads as well. The source for those seemed to come from employees working in the Billing/Order Completion department who would probably have access to the numbers and be able to say this with more authority. It wouldn't be unprecedented either. iPhone 6 and prior had 1-3 week wait and those ship dates got moved up as production ramped up as well.

18. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I pre-ordered Space Gray Sport 38mm and 42mm because I wasn't sure about the size. I have my try-on appointment tomorrow! and then once I make a decision I'll cancel the one I don't like, unless my wife changes her mind about not getting a watch then she will probably get the 38mm :p

19. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Already cancelled 1 of my 38mm, but it was the one with the latest shipping date...

20. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

already cancelled my 42 after my try on appt.... kept my 38 order.... but I also had the second wave delivery date starting May 12...