to get 3 or 4 g service do you need a nano card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Jan 24, 2013.

1. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

2. BruiserB macrumors 65816

You can get their normal SIM card and buy one of the SIM cutters on eBay. They sell both the normal and micro SIM cards directly on their website for $0.99 each. The nano seems harder to get....they want you to sign up for a plan to get one.

If you have iPhone 4/4S you can use micro SIM sized card. If you have a 5 you need nano SIM sized card.

I have an iPhone 4. I got the full sized SIM from T-mobile and bought a nano SIM cutter on eBay. Cut my card to nano size. The cutter came with an adapter to convert it back to micro size for the 4 (but I'm already cut to nano should I decide to get the 5 later). The SIMs are the same internally, so you don't need a specific size to get a certain speed of service. You just need to live in an area where T-mobile has refarmed their 1900 MHz spectrum to HSPA+ service. You can get up to 3G speeds on iPhone 3GS/4/4S and even faster speed on an iPhone 5 since it supports the full HSPA+ 42.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The sim card has nothing to do wether you will get 2G, 3G or 4G service with tmobile.
    You have to be in an area that has been refarmed for iphone compatible 3G bands by Tmobile.

4. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

i live in a 3G area and ai connected but my house no but outside ny street good coverage

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Anyone can translate that for us?:)

6. Interstella5555, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Come on, no need for that...

I live in a 3G area and Artificial Intelligence connected, but my house said "no" but outside New York streets... Good coverage!!!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    We all get it now:D