To get device only 5s at Apple store= 2 hours waiting in line in the AM.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nightghost, Oct 2, 2013.

1. nightghost macrumors newbie

So i call apple yesterday and was told if you want 5s device only to get to apple store before they open. I said great went today a hour before opening with two others. I then noticed no apple person at door they were doing one on one classes so i guess they were busy. So 10:00 hits and theirs a group now formed at the door i go in and ask for a device only phone they said they gave tickets out already. I then said why didn't anyone come out before to say this instead of wasting my time they had no words. So know if i want to buy a device only phone i have to come 2-3 hours before they open for ****** tickets to be handed out what about the people with jobs and school(i had no class today). The real kick in the balls was that they had the 5s in stock that i wanted but refuse to sell it to me because it was for store pick up only **** you apple.

2. DannyDrama macrumors regular

Yeah it amazes me how people can queue for days. They either have understanding bosses or no kids. If you have kids you wouldn't be wasting a day off on a phone launch!

3. DanyDanyella macrumors member

So...they handed out the tickets, you couldn't get one.

And the only other way was to buy online and pick up? Did you try to?

If I was an associate, I would have apologized and helped ya out, I work in customer service.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

the phones in stock have already been ordered by people the night before to be picked up

not like they can give one of them to you

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I think they probably just assumed you had a ticket and were waiting to be the first to get it... Although, it's still bad CS as someone should've walked out to ask if you were there for any other reason..

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Careful on assumptions. Many people work far more than a 40 hour week yet don't have 9-5 Monday-Friday jobs. As for kids, late middle school and beyond should be well able to get ready and to the bus on time or perhaps there's an understanding spouse/partner/relative standing in.

7. DannyDrama macrumors regular

Absolutely, I didn't mean to offend. As for an understanding spouse, I'll queue for days for one of those!

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

No worries. I'm amazed at the intensity of desire to be willing to stand in line for days. I'd personally choose differently, but can understand the "thrill of the chase" that may be part of the motivation for some.

That said, I did stand in line a little bit on opening day, but circumstances had me staying in a hotel across the street from an Apple store that day. Once my spouse decided on the color she wanted after a trip to the store that weekend to see the display models, I was fortunate enough to get in on the one-day order online for in-store pickup availability on the 23rd. Otherwise I'd have waited to find the phones for in-store pickup or just ordered and waited. :D

9. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Even the Apple Store App TELLS you to go to the retail store for a device only device.

OP, You need to call Apple and ask to speak to a Sr Apple Advisor.

10. nightghost thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish its was that easy but i talked to the manger but he said same as every
    employee said buy only pick up blah blah d bag d bag they want me to wait in line and go against the ****** resellers(you know what ethnicity i talking about, weird i never seen them in my area before but now boom there everywhere) god knows what time they go out and camp out. Whats frustrating is that they have stock in the store but they wont let me buy it and everyone i talk to is looking for gold color while i am looking for the most produced color space grey and they wont let me buy it :mad:

11. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Pretty sure if you spoke with a Sr Apple Advisor at Apple, and said "Hi, I wanted to share my negative Apple Retail experience that occurred at X Store around X time", brought up the fact that the Apple.com App TELLS you to go to a retail store for a Device only purchase, the Sr Advisor would call your local Apple store and get you taken care of.

The Store Managers are useless, IMO. They get an email in the morning, saying you need to do X, and just follow what the email says.

12. nightghost thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey were would i find this info is there a phone number or email contact this sr advisor person from apple

13. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Just call 1-800-My-Apple, say Apple Care, then once you're transferred to an Apple Care Rep, ask to speak to a Sr Apple Advisor.

14. DanyDanyella macrumors member

Consumer First, always a must in retail sales.
    I work at Levi's, I had a consumer come in trying to return USED jeans, because they bought shrink to fit jeans, and didn't know it would shrink.
    Yeah, I know...

Anyways, It wasn't up to me to accept the return/exchange, but to my manager/BSL during that shift. He accepted it, and when I asked "why?" he responded "You always want your consumer to leave happy and to come back. If they leave with the best customer service, they'll remember."

We just put the jean on damage. Point is, you should try to speak, as you feel you were treated unfairly.

15. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

You come off as a self-absorbed racist bigot, I for one am glad you can't get your hands on one.

16. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

So, besides the blatantly racist comments, you're upset that Apple won't sell you a phone because other people get there before and wait longer than you want to.

Good luck with that.

17. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Hesitant to post in here because this thread should/would be locked soon before it turns in race agains't race. Anyways here is how my situation went down.

Apple store....Sacramento, CA.

Called 2 days ago, employee said there are no walk ins for device only. Called yesterday, lady said to come at 8AM (store opens at 10AM) and they will hand out tickets. Well I got there today at 8AM almost exactly. There were 6 people in front of me.

An employee comes out at 8:15, says no tickets will be handed out, and when store opens at 10AM, is when we will find out what they have in stock. Crazy, huh? So 8:45, guy comes out, says NO gold in any carrier, GB. Anyways, the online reservation said they had no Verizon in 16GB, or 32GB but when 10AM hit, the guy said they had about 5 of each model.

So the online reservation is not accurate either (at least my store.) Btw, the 6 guys in front of me were resellers lol. We were talking, and he said he lines up every morning at 4AM! to get the gold and turn it around on ebay.