To get the eligabilty bump do you have to have an iPhone on that line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman14, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

This was the first I heard of this, but I called AT&T and the rep told me that to even though I have upgrade due 12/22/10 I wont get the $199 price for the iPhone 4 because an iPhone is not currently on that line, even though 3 other lines that arn't eligible have iPhones. Is this true or does the rep not know what he is talking about? This was the first I have heard of this.

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yes it is true and you should read the following:

“Upgrade Eligible” Existing iPhone Customers

This year, more existing iPhone customers than ever before are eligible for our best iPhone 4 pricing. Existing iPhone customers who are upgrade eligible between today and the end of this year qualify for our best iPhone 4 price points. AT&T consumers can check upgrade eligibility today by dialing *639# from their wireless phone, or visiting www.att.com/iphone or an AT&T store. Customers must agree to a new two-year service agreement, and an eligible voice and data plan. Business customers can also check eligibility by dialing *639# or visiting AT&T’s Premier site at https://www.wireless.att.com/business/.

source: http://www.att.com/Common/about_us/files/iphone/pricing_fact_sheet_ip4.pdf

Dave

4. butters149 macrumors 6502

i guess mine is different haha, mine said 9/19/2010, but i ORIGINALLY had my iphone on that main line, but i swapped my iphone 3GS to another number. i called in and they will honor the $199 iphone 4 deal on pre-order date for that 9/19/2010 line. w00t w00t!

5. becket macrumors member

So, I am putting an iPhone 4 on an Att line that never had an iPhone on it, with a 2gb plan. what will the iphone 4, 32gb cost me? I am screwed on any perks now it seems...