To Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak? Many questions! Pleaseansw

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Etowahlax14, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Etowahlax14 macrumors newbie

Hey! I just joined the forum and I have a few questions about jacking my iPod.

1. Should I jailbreak my iPod? I worked all summer at my local grocery store and I don't want to brick my iPod. My parents are telling me not to jack my iPod but I want all the extra functionality.

2. Is is possible to brick my iPod touch? I have read that you can just restore if you screw up but I have seen that some people have messed up and their iPod is stuck at the apple logo screen and restores do not work.

3. My ipod is formatted with my mac but how can i format it with my windows computer? Do I just restore it on my PC? I want to use the easy windows jailbreak hat has tutorials on youtube.

4. After I jailbreak it can I rearrange my icons on the home screen? How?

Thanks a lot! I am such a noob!!! LOL

This was written from my iPod touch!!!

2. gardnerv macrumors member

gardnerv

1. dont listen to your parents, u will be fine if you follow the directions closely and dont skip or anything. also after running the TIFF exploit u gotta commit cuz u wont be able to sync or restore
    2. Yes
    3.yes
    4.yes, i am not the one to tell you how though

3. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

1. It's up to you, but if you want extra functionality then you will have to Jailbreak. It isn't really potentially harmful to your iPod, though. Disregard what the second posted said about not being able to restore, it's completely possible to restore back to factory defaults very easily.

2. These exploits and hacks are done on a software level, not on a hardware/firmware level. When you restore you are reinstalling the software, therefor eliminating the hacks.