To Just Order Online NOW or Continue Waiting at the Apple Every Morning..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiexhart, Oct 15, 2014.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

For about a week straight now I have been visiting my local Sherman Oaks Apple Store every morning @ 9:20 AM waiting in line, in hopes to score a iPhone 6 Plus Silver 64 or 128 GB but sadly the store has YET to get any iPhone 6 Plus...

As much as I enjoy spending my mornings at the mall.. (insert sarcasm)
    I'm getting my hopes up..
    What are the chances of this store or ANY store in the Los Angeles area actually receiving my amazing future phone?

Or should I just consider this a defeat and just order online and wait NOW till November 14-19th?

SAD FACE.

2. syclick macrumors regular

I am in somewhat the same boat. AT&T screwed up my eligibility (cancelled preorder so I could wait in line on launch day), and so I haven't been eligible to upgrade until just recently.

If I order now, I won't get it until the middle of November. I know my chances of getting one at the moment are next to nil, but I'm hoping that changes shortly.

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Use idevicechecker.com and see if any best buys or radio shacks might have any. They might not but at least it expands your options. Good luck.

4. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Was using idevicechecker.com but I came to the conclusion that it is not accurate. For instance, its showing a store in cerritos with stock, but iStockNow doesn't show it, and the Apple website doesn't and I made the call to the store and they said they are out.

As great as there websites are, they aren't extremely accurate especially in my area.

5. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

TBH with you, I don't think it makes much of a difference now. Supply is so low and in-store inventory is mediocre at best (if you luck out one day). Many of us who placed our pre-orders (if you even want to call it that at this point) within the first hour of launch are still waiting for our devices. Supply is low everywhere you look, and now with the estimated 20 Mil + pre-orders from China alone, I don't see things changing until maybe the holidays.

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Did you mean actual launch as in 9/19 or pre-order start date 9/12? I would have thought all those who ordered on 9/12 would have received their orders by now. I got my order in at around 1AM PDT on 9/12 and I received my 6 Plus on 9/24.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If it was me, I'd place my order online and just wait for it. I've got better things to do with my time than go every day to the Apple store.

8. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Were there still scalpers there in the morning?

What place were you in line if you don't mind me asking?

Also, I would check target/best buy, they seem to have inventory every now and then.

9. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I happened to check my local Radio Shack online the other day and it showed in stock. I called to confirm and they put it on hold for me and I picked it up after work. This was a 6, 64GB, Space Grey for AT&T. He said they barely had gotten any 6+.

10. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Place your order and then cancel it if you get a device sooner at a store.

IMO going to the stores now and asking is a waste of time, but that may change soon.

11. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I would just pre-order. I know it sucks, but you may not get lucky.

12. cymolia macrumors 6502a

OP do you have a job or go to school ? how do you have time to be inline every single day ?

13. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

And how is that any of your business?

14. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

on 9/12, about 45 minutes after launch through AT&T. Still waiting.

15. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Ah. From AT&T. That explains the wait. One reason I persisted with Apple despite how hard it was to get into Apple Store (had 1x iPhone and 2x iPad on Apple Store app and 2x laptop on Apple Store website via Firefox and Chrome). :p

16. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I have a friend that works at Radio Shack but she said that they BARELY ever get any 6 Plus, But that she was gonna let me know. :(

I have night school. But my days are free usually until I find the right job. :p

17. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I found one on idevicechecker. I had less luck with istocknow, because every damned time I tried to order, I got the Apple error.

18. jordanb505 macrumors newbie

Try istocknow.com/live. I was using idevicechecker.com but also didn't find it to be so accurate; then I found the other website and was able to score a 6 Plus 64GB Silver from my local Apple Store (immediately ordered on Apple.com and selected In-Store Pickup).

FWIW, I used the website to find that the iPhone was in stock on a Monday afternoon at 4 PM. :)

19. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Trust me, I've been using iStockNow Live, IDeviceChecker and Seaturtle.org. NOTHING. LOL It's really hard specially in the Los Angeles Area. I kind of wish I would have just preordered its 2-3 weeks ago! I didn't know that I could preorder and if a store got it, could cancel it. BUT now I know.

20. Arran, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

It has a direct bearing on the quality of advice anyone could give the OP. And the OP did ask for advice:

Options:
    • If the OP has nothing more pressing to attend to, then the advice is going to skew towards going to the mall every morning. Why not?
    • If the OP is risking losing his job or failing his classes, then the advice would go the other way.

To not ask that question would be negligent.

BTW, my tip: Try the AT&T corporate store. I picked up two 6's on launch day (no order - just walk-in) and one more the day after (walk-in again)

21. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Focus on Radio Shack. They can hold a phone for up to 24 hours. It's better than Target, because they don't have that degree of flexibility. Find out which Radio Shack near you is the highest volume seller. They aren't stalked as heavily as Apple, carrier stores, or Best Buy.

Which carrier did you need?

22. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

In store pick up. How many times do I need to say this. It makes no sense to get inline when in store pickup is available.

23. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I've been calling the At&t corporate stores around me, they each said that they haven't received any since it came out. But they do have the 6. Just not the 6 Plus.

Not everyone has the luxury of footing the $500-$600 down since they preauthorize the credit card. If they allowed to do pick up via Next, then I would have done that.

I have a friend thats a manger at Radio Shack but she said they rarely get the Plus. I need At&t. :(

24. davedvdy macrumors regular

Even so, Personal Pickup availability DOES NOT necessarily reflect walk in stock and vice versa.
    This has been confirmed many times over, and
    I've seen it first hand. Santa Monica, CA had a large wall of iPhones for in store that were unavailable online.

Another time when I walked in to purchased my iPhone, they told me it was sold out, but Online stock showed available for the same store at exact time. There are stories of the opposite as well happening.

25. 310mrl macrumors newbie

I've got a 128GB Silver 6 plus - shoot me an email - mlehman@stonecrest.net

:)