To People Using Siri In The UK...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Certinfy, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

What option for Siri are you using? :confused:

UK Siri won't understand a word I say while US and Australia Siri understand parts so I'm switching between those two.

It's not that I have a British accent but I expected UK Siri to at least understand me a decent amount. I think it's crazy the other options understand me more to be fair.

2. salacious macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Where are you from and what accent have you got?

3. Certinfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I'm from London and have been here for ages now, my accent if anything is a little British. But saying that I do talk a lot faster than average Brits, could that be the reason?

4. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

I am from the Midlands and have no difficulty with Siri understanding me while set to UK English. I have not bothered with other settings.

Talking too fast is not going to help the situation.

Where were you from before London?

5. entwife macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm British etc and have been nothing but surprised about how good Siri actually works. ( expected the usual rubbish).

I'm well spoken but hardly like the queen.

6. salacious macrumors 6502a

I ask you where your from and you say London, you either Want help or you dOnt, anyways my indian friend can use Siri fine, perhaps YouTube vid would help us understand let alone Siri ...

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I live in the South, having been born and raised there. The UK Siri recognition understands me perfectly.

8. toondw macrumors 6502

I'm a Geordie and siri understands most of what I say...... I don't use it much as I don't find it that usefull here. In the US it has more uses I suppose.

9. Certinfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Thanks guys, guess it's just me then.

I'm from a Portuguese background.

10. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I'm from Merthyr in Wales and I'm not very well spoken and talk quite fast and I am quite surprised that Siri can understand me sometimes but other times it gets stuff completely wrong :p it's good for setting up reminders and reading me texts when it's a bit cold :p