iPhone XR To people who’ve switched to the XR, any regrets?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eyeseeyou, Jan 10, 2019.

1. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68030

So you’d regret buying an XR because it has better battery life?

2. Nisaja macrumors 6502a

I think you're replying to the wrong guy lol. I didn't say I regret buying one.

3. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68030

Oops lol

4. cnev3 macrumors 6502

I went to the apple store and I closely examined the XR and XS screens and scrutinized them, side to side. There was no significant difference to me. I had the money for the XS Max, and I wanted to get it because I wanted to be a baller. But the XR was simply a much better value, and the obvious choice (for me).

I’ve had my XR for about 5 months. Its a workhorse. I love it.

5. DNatt macrumors newbie

I just picked up a Xr last week. Coming from a X. I was waiting for the new releases this year but my mom ended up needing a new phone and she is on my family plan. I got the BOGO plus Visa gift card from the Memorial Day sale. I am splitting the cost and so I couldn’t pass it up.

I am enjoying the better battery life compared to my X. I can play a game on my Xr for quite a while and the battery is strong. My X would die so much quicker

I did get a headache for the first couple days but I think it was because the font size is different. The X has a smaller screen, but yet the text was larger on the X compared to the Xr.

I can barely tell the difference in screen resolution when watching videos. But as time goes on it has felt more normal.

The size is definitely a lot thicker compared to the X, especially with a case on, but I have gotten used to it. I went from a 8 Plus to X and I got used to the smaller size. The Xr is a nice change to a little bit bigger screen. The Max is just a little too big for my taste now. I will use my wife’s Max and I enjoy the large screen, but it just feels to big to me.

These are just my first initial impressions coming from the X.

6. bluecoast macrumors 65816

I recommend using zoom mode for your small text issues. Zoom on the XR is a lot more subtle than it is in previous LG’s models and you almost won’t notice a difference - except that everything is easier to see and to use.

7. DNatt macrumors newbie

I don't use zoom mode but I did bump up the font size one notch and that has helped. Seems close to the same as the X.