To Pro-Life People: Put the Woman in Jail or Shut Up!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Nov 24, 2009.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

See this video

If you think abortion is illegal, fine. But stop wanting to outlaw doctors performing abortion and just make it murder already. If it should be banned because it's taking a life, then make it murder.

Put the woman in jail for willingly letting someone murder the human inside her.

Put the doctor in jail (obviously).

Charge the nurses in the room with accomplice to murder as well.

Unless you're willing to make it murder for everyone involved then shut up. :mad:

Like the Bishop in the video, stop trying to influence your religious beliefs on others. If you believe some cells gestating into a human is an actual human and should be treated like such when it comes to ending their life, then stop wussing out halfway and make it full fledged murder.

I don't agree with you of course but I hate this halfway nonsense.

(Thanks for letting me rant. What does the MR community think?)

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

In my opinion the Catholic Church is within its rights to deny communion to Kennedy. The Catholic Church is against abortion. Kennedy has chosen to go against the Catholic doctrine and should suffer the consequences of that.

Unfortunately, abortion is legal. I think it is an immoral act, but that is me. I hope someday the laws will be changed to outlaw most abortions.

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

I assume you are aware that partial birth abortions and late term abortions are illegal right?

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

There will be no satisfying the anti-abortion crowd until all abortions are illegal, just like there will be no satisfying the anti-gay crowd until we've been stripped of all our rights.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes. I would like to see abortions made illegal. I would make exceptions for rape/incest and if the mother's life was in danger. I view it as ending the life of a child.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The problem with the abortion debate is that you have to choose one way or the other: mother or child? If abortion is legal, then there will always be people choosing to get them who are not in mortal danger or such. However, as no one can deny, making abortions illegal will not stop these people. In which case you are taking away the only safe option they have. It's a catch-22.

As for my personal opinion, I side with the mothers. It makes more sense to me to go with the option that protects the contributing member of society.

7. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Let me make a wild stab in the dark here,your a man right?

8. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Actually that's not true at all... nobody on the pro-life side is against motherhood. You can make a choice in the abortion debate for life and both mother and child live - it is only when you chose abortion that one dies.

There is no Joseph Heller imposed circular reasoning to giving a fetus the benefit of the doubt as far as life is concerned. We are civilized enough for at least that...

I respect your opinion though I disagree.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes, what of it?

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You cannot make that choice if the mother's life is at risk. Are you against abortion in the case of rape or incest too?

11. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Is a child resulting from a rape or incest a lesser human?

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

An embryo is not a child. You may spot a clue to this salient fact from the different words used in each case.

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

hold up. You think abortion is wrong, because you think the fetus or embryo is a person and therefore has a soul and all human lives are equal, right? Then why are you suggesting that a child conceived in incest or rape is somehow less than human?

That is disgusting.

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This is what happens if you make abortion illegal:

The state or society can not compel woman to carry to term. Women always will and always have sought abortions, whether legal or illegally. Question is, do you provide a facility where they can do so safely or not?

15. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I think he's trying to say that it should be illegal in all but those extenuating circumstances. Likely good intentions, but then the road to hell is paved with 'em.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Look, its not that I view a child of rape or incest is less human. I think the trauma to the mother of having to carry a child after a violent act is not right. It is not an easy conclusion to come to, but that is my thoughts on the issue. Of course, you are free to disagree.

17. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Progressives typically accept situations rather than solve them.

Progressives favor providing a facility (or needles) so drug abusers can shoot up rather than saying no to drug abuse.

Progressives favor giving illegal aliens a facility to obtain jobs rather than deporting them for their clear illegality.

Progressives favor providing a facility for abortion rather than making a clear statement that abortion is wrong in every instance.

Sure some women will pursue abortions, just like some paroled convicts will return to crime. That doesn't mean we change our crime laws; all it means is that we advocate the moral rather than the immoral.

18. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Wait, what point are you trying to prove? That progressivism is good?

19. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

There is no solving, because you can not compel women to carry to term, short of handcuffing them to beds for nine months.

Why should your specific sense of morality be the foundation of law? Do you realise that about half of American women experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45? You're talking about 80 million women or so.

20. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Hence, abstinence. Freakin' liberals.

21. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

"unintended pregnancy" Do you ever pause for a moment to realize - think more than half a second about - some of the euphemisms the pro-abortion folks bandy about? "unintended pregnancy" Is that word choice phrase intended to absolve a woman who obtains one of the 80 million abortions? "unintended pregnancy" Think about that. What would happen if we applied that euphemism in another way... say... "unintended roadkill" to absolve someone for accidentally running someone over in traffic. Oh... it was "unintended"... no problem! "unintended pregnancy"means that two people yield a third; the absolute least we can do, as civilized humans, is treat that life with something more than a silly euphemism!

:rolleyes:

22. gibbz macrumors 68030

That clearly works. Just ask Bristol Palin.

23. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Your attempt to cast those as pro-choice as pro-abortion is saddening, but expected.

After all, when you can't argue the points and you seem oblivious to the basic facts of reproductive issues, you shift the terms and attempt to slur those who you oppose. Being pro-choice has nothing to do with being pro-abortion; it's merely recognising that the difficult decision of abortion rests solely with the mother, her doctor and her partner, if he's even involved. You can be both pro-choice and pro-life, but I expect that nuance is difficult for some to understand.

Unintended pregnancies is a perfectly valid term, unless you believe that all sexual activity should solely be for the purposes of procreation, that all methods of contraception are foolproof and that all aspects of human behaviour can be legislated for, which betrays the supposed conservative notion of small government.

Thinking it's a 'silly euphemism' demonstrates an inability to discuss reproductive issues in a mature and informed manner, and should be treated for what it is: emotive flimflammery, divorced from the reality of women's lives.

24. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

If only all these people would stop wanting to reproduce. Silly people! :p

On a serious note: It has been shown that abortion rates are lower in more educated (i.e. sexual education) countries. Abstinence only education will only make the problem much worse.

25. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

It makes social conservatives feel better at night. It's ironic that InTheNet says we just "accept" these situations. Social conservatives just want their "points with God" and they pass laws to get those points. They believe if everyone doesn't think what they think they are wrong.