To quick to buy, now have a old 17" MBP after a month!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akakillroy, Jun 8, 2009.

1. akakillroy macrumors member

Should have waited to get my 17" MBP got it about a month ago, guess I am SOL getting an upgrade hu?

Just got a 15" MBP for the daughter too! About 2 weeks ago, my bad ;-)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yeah you won't be able to exchange it for free.

I wouldn't feel too bad though. The updates are marginal to the 17" and you probably wouldn't notice them anyways.

3. Boomer85 macrumors member

Do they even exchange at all? I mean I bought the 2.4 unibody MBP less than 3 months ago...and am pretty ticked off right now...I mean double the RAM, larger HD, SD slot, and 2.66 for the same 1999...come on Apple!

Do I even have a case?

4. akakillroy thread starter macrumors member

I would be happy to upgrade for a price of course, I figure if they were to hit me with the normal 15% restocking charge it would pay for itself as there is a $300 price drop ;-) Suppose I should call them just to see, can't hurt.

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

i got mine back in april and im still satisfied with it.
    my only discernment with the upgrade was the price drop compared to the price for the baseline model back then.

I can easily upgrade the harddrive to 500Gb (of course for an additional 89-99$) but the speed difference to me is very marginal if it was say standard 3Ghz and upto 3.2 +500GB + price drop id be alittle irked.

I wouldnt worry too much about it at this point, I say the original uMBP 17" are still and will be some very great powerful machines.

:)

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

there wasnt that big of an upgrade to the 17" i feel bad for the ppl that bought the uMB 15 days ago and before that.