To the 17" unibody mbp owners, do you have screen flicker on low settings?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Feb 27, 2009.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I still have the slight screen backlight flickering at 2-3 notches only but I'm curious do you guys have no flickering whatsoever in any notch?

2. emotta macrumors member

im having the same issue but it only happens sometimes. i have been to the apple store twice and they have been unable to recreate the problem.

3. isethx macrumors regular

no. i dont. i have seen my screen flicker like off on like 2 or 3 times. i'm starting to hear a little creek sometimes, could be the hinges.

4. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

Is this on a new 17" model? This flickering is extremely common on the 15" models, more pronounced on some than on others, and the reason I finally gave up (for now) on the unibody MacBook Pro line. I've been curiously waiting to see if anyone noticed this problem on a 17".

5. ryanws macrumors newbie

17" MBP screnn has flickers all over... Being Replaced.

My MBP has flickers all over the screen, regardless of the setting. It is being replaced by Apple... New one shipped out today.

In addition, the dual link dvi converter is terrible... I am hoping that this is an issue with my current MBP's video card, but I don't think that is the case.

Anyone else have problems with their dual link connverter?

6. Yorick Guest

Noticed the same problem on my new 17" macbook pro, haven't bothered to call apple, it's already being replaced because it had a scratched touchpad....:mad:

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

No issues whatsoever with my screen.
    I think it may be something to do with the new batteries having loose connections to the motherboard, which is why it cant be easily recreated, but noone can say for sure.