To the moron who's blasting his crappy music from his mobile phone: Don't.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Thread title says it all. :rolleyes:

Why do people so this, and why is it always someone wearing just a tanktop and a "baseball" cap?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I assume you live in a more "urbanized" area...?

Because here in nowheresville, I don't think I've experienced that, truthfully.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

"Blasting" music through the crappy mobile phone speakers is like watching broadcast analog TV on a 14" black and white with rabbit ears during a thunderstorm.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

+1. I hear this all the time on the shuttle at my University. The "greatest" is when they are blasting 'soulja boy tell em'. :rolleyes:

5. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

You must be sitting right next to them... I can never hear my phone.

( I was going to say 'Sorry, I'll turn it down...' but someone beat me. )

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why can't it be babes with no top.:)

@TCD: Please turn your music down.

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Very popular with the French equivalent of chavs/white trash while riding the subway. Makes me want to grab the phone out of their hands and crush it into little pieces at 7am. Seriously bad attitude if you ask them to turn it off nicely, though I've had some success asking nicely, then going ballistic, yelling and screaming in English. French people think Americans are violent. :D

8. Forsaken macrumors regular

Forsaken

Many of the idiots at my school (this is stereotypical Texas suburbia, mind you) do this, as it's annoying as hell. Just some days I wish I could grab those pieces of garbage from their hands and crush them, laughing in the faces of their unfortunate owners...

Oh, sorry, starting daydreaming thar.

9. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It's perfectly loud on a quiet train though, as long as the smartphone isn't the crappy iPhone speakers. My old Nokia 5800's speakers were as loud, possibly louder, than a MB or MBP's speakers. In a rather quiet environment, that's definitely audible, and annoying.

And yes, it was crappy rap (c. rap).

10. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I hear, on occasion, people doing this while walking to/from school (High school). It annoys me, but so do most of these kids.

11. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah, and turn your stupid keyboard clicks off when you're in a quiet waiting room too!

12. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

Oh gosh, this happens to me all the time on SEPTA here in Philadelphia. From what I have observed, it's usually an African-American male, all "thugged" out, singing along to whatever he's playing on it. I'd love to ask them who exactly they are trying to impress. Do they think there is an A&R agent within earshot who's going to sign them on the spot? Please, why don't you hum me a few bars while you're at it.

On a different note, the ones that just spontaneously start rapping out loud with no accompaniment annoy me too.

Edit: I just reread this and noticed all the bad puns that I wrote. Sorry. :D

13. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

THAT, is why I always keep my headphones in my jacket pocket, because you never know what annoying twat you're going to have to put up with through out your day...

14. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I do the same and find this to be the best approach.

15. macordiefool macrumors newbie

The twat being the one playing the music, or the twat being the one complaining?

Just want to be sure.

16. macordiefool macrumors newbie

No shoes?
    No pants?
    They don't let people walk around like that where I come from.

17. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Playing the music.

I have contemplated building a very tiny pulse EMP device (I love that diagrams for EVERYTHING are on the internet :p ), just to use when I'm on the train and some loud obnoxious chav get's on and blasts out whatever ridiculous music kid's listen to. Shame it would also wreck everything within a few feet, including my own possessions, unless I can find a diagram that has an accurate dish on it, so far though, no luck.

The darkest depths of the internet have some of the most glorious treasures. ;)

18. macordiefool macrumors newbie

some sort of thing that does a thing to other things

Perhaps Smith & Wesson might have what you are looking for. Or not.

19. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ha, I think that might be taking things a step too far :p

20. macordiefool macrumors newbie

and here I thought we crossed that line at tiny EMP device.

21. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I find it particularly irritating when these people play music from their phones so loud that I can hear it from my non in-ear earphones and as it plays in the background. That sucks IMO. :rolleyes:

22. afd macrumors 6502a

not so annoying, but quite bemusing - what about those groups of kids that hang about together with headphones in? What's the point of being together if they can't talk? I can see the point of your typical antisocial teenager doing this in the back of the car so they don't have to talk to their parents, but when with their friends? Maybe they just text or facebook each other?

23. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I swear, one day some chav on the tube is going to get their phone dropped right out the window for that if they refuse to comply when I politely ask them to turn it down. Mostly I am content to ignore it but there is bound to be a day when I'm feeling scrappy and if they won't knock it off when asked nicely then their phone is a goner. Either that or I'll do what OutThere does and start screaming at them in my American accent leaving them to think I am a violent gun carrying criminal or something.

24. completeidiot23 macrumors member

we call them lads where i com from. the equivilant to a chav. and it annoys the crap outta me.

Why so loud the speaker distorts, and sounds like they have blow it, yet they still play it really loud, and compliment each other on the mad quality of the song.
    :confused: