Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
"Blasting" music through the crappy mobile phone speakers is like watching broadcast analog TV on a 14" black and white with rabbit ears during a thunderstorm.

ian.maffett

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
Florida
You must be sitting right next to them... I can never hear my phone.

( I was going to say 'Sorry, I'll turn it down...' but someone beat me. )

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Very popular with the French equivalent of chavs/white trash while riding the subway. Makes me want to grab the phone out of their hands and crush it into little pieces at 7am. Seriously bad attitude if you ask them to turn it off nicely, though I've had some success asking nicely, then going ballistic, yelling and screaming in English. French people think Americans are violent. :D

Forsaken

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
Many of the idiots at my school (this is stereotypical Texas suburbia, mind you) do this, as it's annoying as hell. Just some days I wish I could grab those pieces of garbage from their hands and crush them, laughing in the faces of their unfortunate owners...

Oh, sorry, starting daydreaming thar.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
"Blasting" music through the crappy mobile phone speakers is like watching broadcast analog TV on a 14" black and white with rabbit ears during a thunderstorm.

You must be sitting right next to them... I can never hear my phone.

It's perfectly loud on a quiet train though, as long as the smartphone isn't the crappy iPhone speakers. My old Nokia 5800's speakers were as loud, possibly louder, than a MB or MBP's speakers. In a rather quiet environment, that's definitely audible, and annoying.

And yes, it was crappy rap (c. rap).

Str8edgepunker

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Oh gosh, this happens to me all the time on SEPTA here in Philadelphia. From what I have observed, it's usually an African-American male, all "thugged" out, singing along to whatever he's playing on it. I'd love to ask them who exactly they are trying to impress. Do they think there is an A&R agent within earshot who's going to sign them on the spot? Please, why don't you hum me a few bars while you're at it.

On a different note, the ones that just spontaneously start rapping out loud with no accompaniment annoy me too.

Edit: I just reread this and noticed all the bad puns that I wrote. Sorry. :D

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
THAT, is why I always keep my headphones in my jacket pocket, because you never know what annoying **** you're going to have to put up with through out your day...

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
The **** being the one playing the music, or the **** being the one complaining?

Just want to be sure.

Playing the music.

I have contemplated building a very tiny pulse EMP device (I love that diagrams for EVERYTHING are on the internet :p ), just to use when I'm on the train and some loud obnoxious chav get's on and blasts out whatever ridiculous music kid's listen to. Shame it would also wreck everything within a few feet, including my own possessions, unless I can find a diagram that has an accurate dish on it, so far though, no luck.

The darkest depths of the internet have some of the most glorious treasures. ;)

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
I find it particularly irritating when these people play music from their phones so loud that I can hear it from my non in-ear earphones and as it plays in the background. That sucks IMO. :rolleyes:

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
not so annoying, but quite bemusing - what about those groups of kids that hang about together with headphones in? What's the point of being together if they can't talk? I can see the point of your typical antisocial teenager doing this in the back of the car so they don't have to talk to their parents, but when with their friends? Maybe they just text or facebook each other?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I swear, one day some chav on the tube is going to get their phone dropped right out the window for that if they refuse to comply when I politely ask them to turn it down. Mostly I am content to ignore it but there is bound to be a day when I'm feeling scrappy and if they won't knock it off when asked nicely then their phone is a goner. Either that or I'll do what OutThere does and start screaming at them in my American accent leaving them to think I am a violent gun carrying criminal or something.

completeidiot23

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2009
we call them lads where i com from. the equivilant to a chav. and it annoys the crap outta me.

Why so loud the speaker distorts, and sounds like they have blow it, yet they still play it really loud, and compliment each other on the mad quality of the song.
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.